Rolling Thunder Forums

Massive Battle Results

Desmodus

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

LOL, delusions much?

While Mega kicked your butt, I not even knew you existed.

Then after quite some years, I attacked a Pirate position. Pirate by name and action and grabbed the HW.

Then came in some Flock ships. First sightings of Flock.

By that time I assumed Flock long gone. But it seems Mega can only attack an conquer not played PA positions, as he never was

able to eliminate Flock or any of my empires.

• 4 weeks later...

LOL, delusions much?

While Mega kicked your butt, I not even knew you existed.

Then after quite some years, I attacked a Pirate position. Pirate by name and action and grabbed the HW.

Then came in some Flock ships. First sightings of Flock.

By that time I assumed Flock long gone. But it seems Mega can only attack an conquer not played PA positions, as he never was

able to eliminate Flock or any of my empires.

delusions? read third line from bottom and look at the dates.

cestvel

Old Hand

• photo-thumb-156.jpg?_r=0
  • Members
  • bullet_black.pngbullet_black.pngbullet_black.pngbullet_black.png
  • 944 posts
  • Interests:Playing Games, Programming

Sent 29 July 2006 - 02:16 AM

Greetings to the Flock,

seems my empire made hostile contact with Megachiroptera:

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

** NAVAL BATTLE REPORT **

----- REGENGAR [ F (Yellow-White) 3 V ] [single Star] - Warp Point 73871 -----

Gorn Industries # 1956 (No Naval Commanders)

Total tonnage: 234,000.....Base Fire Control: 1 [0 bridge]

Megachiroptera Empire # 2964 (No Naval Commanders)

Total tonnage: 3,900.....Base Fire Control: 1 [0 bridge]

Fleet 702 Gorn Industries #1956 Senior Ambassador D-1

Fleet 702 Gorn Industries #1956 Voyager S-2

Fleet 702 Gorn Industries #1956 Chief Scientist T-8

-------------------------------

** Imperial Navy Report: Fleet Order of Battle **

------------------------------------------

Gorn Industries # 1956 [Planetary System On A Yellow Circle]

Fleet 702 [ROE: R] *Column Attack* (Fleet Tonnage: 234,000)

[Deploy Location 12] 1 AUXH Surveyer Mk IV (Heavy Auxiliary - 234,000 tons [each])

<5 Colony Beacon>--<40,172 Fuel>

-------------------------------

** Imperial Navy Report: Fleet Order of Battle **

------------------------------------------

Megachiroptera Empire # 2964 [bloody Fangs On A Sable Field]

Deathwatch [ROE: X] *Guillotine* (Fleet Tonnage: 3,900)

[Deploy Location 1] 1 CO Aneurysm (Corvette - 3,900 tons [each])

<278 Fuel>

** Battle Damage Assessment Report **

--------------------------------------------------

DepLoc 12

------------------------------------------------------------

**MINOR DAMAGE** AUXH Surveyer Mk IV (Heavy Auxiliary - 234,000 tons) [integrity: 392,865 / 395,000] (Green, Timid)

300 6cm Gatling CIDS, 14,000 Cargo Bay, 1 Drone Rack, 35 Fuel Shuttle, 50,000 Fuel Tankage

10 Mk II Short Range Sensor, 12 Mk III Long Lance Torpedo, 1 Mk IV Jump Survey Sensor, 500 Mk IV Nuclear Engine

1 Nuclear Transwarp Drive, 4 Survey Lander, 35,000 Titanium Composite Armor, 5 Type B Science Lab

Missile: 76,800

Maneuverability: 4.27, Missile Defense: 44.20 %, Sensors: 2.10 %

** Battle Damage Assessment Report **

--------------------------------------------------

DepLoc 1

------------------------------------------------------------

**DESTROYED** [1st] CO Aneurysm (Corvette - 3,900 tons) [integrity: 0 / 6,260] [shields: 0 / 600] (Green, Timid)

400 Fuel Tankage, 2 Medium Beam Laser, 2 Mk I Force Shield, 1 Mk I Nuclear Jump Drive, 6 Mk I Standard Missile

2 Mk II Fusion Engine, 200 Reflective Armor Coating, 400 Titanium Composite Armor

Coherent Beam: 2,640, Missile: 1,200

Maneuverability: 1.03, Missile Defense: 11.40 %, Reflective Coating: 20.50 %

================================================================================

=========================================

Which kind of makes us allies. Is the Flock thinking alike?

Can you share some intelligence on them?

CEO Cestvel of Gorn from Gorn Industries

Yep, that was when you were already at war with Mega. Shortly after that he took your HW.

And where did I backstab you again?

And when was it the first time an empire of mine met a ship of The Flock?

Reading and understanding seems not be your major trait.

Not to change subject would anybody know how to get mk91 flag bridge I know it takes FFS-2 and FCS-2,Subspace comm gear , mk-1 mass dect is thee anything else for it

look in here: http://www.rollingthunderforums.com/index.php?showtopic=73&p=62241

Seems a bit slow, so here it is directly:

Mk I Flag Bridge: Flag Bridges are massive modules typically installed on ships designed to be the

flagship of a fleet. They combine the advanced features of battle display technology with the ability to

communicate almost instantly with every ship in a task force, giving officers a way to coordinate all

shipboard activities during exploration, scientific and combat missions. Science stations link officers to

survey lander and science lab teams, while the built-in combat information center ties together all

weapons batteries into a single, coordinated unit. The presence of even a single Flag Bridge on any ship

in a fleet creates a complete datalink to all ships in the task force, meshing every weapon, sensor and

bridge system into a cohesive identity. Commanders on every ship in the task force are thus able to

attempt to lock their weapons, fighters and drones onto targets which have been evaluated to possess the

highest threat potential. The presence of more than one Flag Bridge in a fleet does not provide additional

capability, though it does give some insurance in the case of the unthinkable catastrophic loss of what

might be the last Flag Bridge in the force. Superior models of this system yield improved scientific and

exploration modifiers along with increased chances of targeting enemy vessels deemed to be threatening.

Since flagships might be ranked as extremely threatening by enemy flagships, it is probably a good idea

to provide heavy armor, shielding and defensive systems to such units and station them well away from

the action..... (500,000 tons) 2,500,000 Advanced Electronics

Classification: Bridge Structural Integrity: 500000

Prerequisite Technologies: FFS-2 Fleet Formation Scanner, FCS-2 Aegis Fire Control, Mk I Mass

Detector Sensor, Subspace

Communications Gear

So I would say no, you got all.

My apologies that I don't have Pete's gift of creative writing, but the one word of CARNAGE describes this Epic battle fairly well.

Side 1 consisted of 2 empires with 49 ships/fortresses weighing in at 721,611,680,356 tons and incudes 38 Million fighters/drones

Side 2 consisted of 4 empires with 9169 ships weighing in at 739,267,394,450 tons and includes 52 Million Fighters/drones

Outcome:

ALL 90 million fighters/drones destroyed

Of the nearly 1.5 Trillion tons of fleets............................189 Billion tons (12 %) survived

I would agree. That has got to be the most evenly matched battle I have had in a very long time. The PDF's proved their worth and demonstrated the need for multipliers when making planet assaults.

My turns will be much easier for the next few months with so many fewer ships to worry about.

Have a great holiday season!

:cheers:

I would agree. That has got to be the most evenly matched battle I have had in a very long time. The PDF's proved their worth and demonstrated the need for multipliers when making planet assaults.

My turns will be much easier for the next few months with so many fewer ships to worry about.

Have a great holiday season!

:cheers:

I was going to leave the universe wondering which of us survived! :) But now I can say of the ​over 9200 ships/fortresses in the engagement 1 ship and 1 fortress survived intact and 2 other fortresses were pretty much one round away from total destruction. To be such a massive assembly of the tools of war, it was incredible how closely the two sides were matched. Kudos to a battle well fought :drunk:

A BIG WOW on the battle :jawdrop:

Was the fighter and drones top of the line ones

All but a handful were the highest level of gunboats and drones. I don't know if they were all actually destroyed in battle or if it was due to not having any carriers survive for them to return to.