Rolling Thunder Forums

Deep Core Surveyors

Gixxer

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thanks for the info, lugal.

Looks like I have a bit of long term planning to do then :-) I'm currently concentrating on building Improved Ind. Complexs and Impro Stripmines, and dismantling the non-improved ones, whilst also building DCS's plus the anti-matter power plants to power them. I currently make enough Rare Elements to make about 500 ICE-1 per turn, so I'd better start increasing mining/production. The good thing is that my current freighter design has 250,000 cargo bays, and I can turn out 4 of those in short order to carry 1 million ICE.

Cheers

Gixxer

• 1 year later...

Well, it has been a year since I started with DCS, and now I have 100 on my homeworld, and am starting to export the building resources to build them on some of my colonies :-) Seen some pretty good gains on my mining production, and less reliance on Raw resources. I'm not making any more DCS on my homeworld for now, as my unemployed pop is reducing rapidly because of all the new mines I am building!  I'll probably add more when I start reducing the number of Improved stripmines and Improved Industrial Complexes I need, due to less reliance on converting Raw Resources

I noticed that DCS will only alter yields of existing resources though, and I wondered if ICE can alter a resource that is currently 0 yield? Otherwise, there will always be some need for Raw Resources, to fill the gaps in resource production.

I'm also now producing enough Rare Elements for 5000 ICE-2 a turn, and rising, I have around 45,000 stockpiled so far, still a ways to go before I get a million :-) When I got ICE-2, I dropped all the ICE-1 I had made - around 6000 - on an unoccupied world as a test, and got much better results, good gains and no losses. When I get ICE-3, I'll probably drop all the ICE-2 on my first Gas Giant colony (I only recently found out you can colonise Gas Giants!)

So thanks to everyone for the tips and info on DCS and ICE, really appreciated

Gixxer

I recommend you bump up your DCS's. With 10 thousand, you could hit cap in a few turns. Then put that pop back into something else. Only need 2 billion adv con mats. And those con mats can be used on adv ic's later.

Gas giants are very difficult to impossible to colonise. Good luck. I lost a few thousand population before i could get everybody off.

Thanks for the info.

I remember reading somewhere that you start getting pop losses around 10,000 population, so I'll keep my GG colony small.

I currently have around 1,200 pop in Subterranean cities, and they are growing, so all looks good atm. I'm planning on making it a mining world for Rare Elements, using DCS to improve the mining rate, should be useful once the Geothermal yield is high enough - I'm currently using Antimatter power stations to run the few I have there. Once I have 100k ICE-2 (or I get ICE-3, whichever comes first) I'll drop the ICE-2 on my GG, see what I get. Even if I get a catastrophe, it's only a small colony :-)

And yes, Im setting up my HW to produce more building materials to build even more DCS  there, as well as enough to export to my GG:-)

Cheers,

Gixxer

• 3 months later...

Hi All,

I'm now up to 200 DCS on my HW, and am getting decent Yield gains on  everything. My Hydro Yield is over 5000, making it easy to power the DCS I build each turn :-) Been building 20 a turn for the last few turns, now reaching the point where I can produce enough Adv CM for 40 or 50 per turn, but my Hydro yield needs to be a bit higher to power them all!

My GG is now over 3k population, and still gaining pop each turn, so turning into a useful mining world!

I just got Advanced Stripmines a few turns ago, so upgrading from Improved Stripmines to Advanced is giving me all the spare population I need for my other mines. I'm only 2 or 3 turns away from Advanced IC too :-) Also, I'm recycling the Improved Heavy Machinery back into iron, to make Adv Hvy Mach for the Adv Stripmines :-) Need to build more recycling centres as there's big numbers involved, LOL.

I'm now producing 50,000 ICE-2 per turn, my limit is the amount of production I can spare, as I am now getting more Rare Elements than I can convert each turn - this will change when I get Adv ICs. I haven't dropped any yet, I'll have half a million soon, I'll drop it on my GG then, to see what gains I get. I did notice that someone mentioned that even large ICE drops still don't add anything to resource yields that are 0, shame about that. I guess when my colonies are big enough, I'll be importing stuff I can't make on my HW.

The only downside of all these tech advances is that the rebuilding of my plant's economies around the new tech is resulting in bigger turnsheets, my last 2 turns have been about 280 orders instead of my usual 160 or 200 orders a turn.  Doesn't help that I'm rewriting my Colony routes for newer , faster colony ships I've been building :-)

All in all, I'm at a really interesting point in the game :-)

Cheers

Gixxer

here is what i just did on my hw with ice -4  it just is 7.5 million a turn

The turn before Rare Elements Mine: 17,915,936,610 Rare Elements(s) were produced in Population Group # 759

This turn i just got Rare Elements Mine: 46,215,018,525 Rare Elements(s) were produced in Population Group # 759 it was with 3 leader hits also

This is going to be the first time i ever did 240 orders since i been playing the game . I been playing 5+ years now .If you doing that ever turn then there is some major problems. I think i would have one of the old hand look at your turn to figured out what wrong . If you trust any of them

Yes it is. It’s what allowed the kind of resource extraction needed to build those monster warships massing in the 10’s of billions of tons in Andromeda. If a ships of those tonnages ever get built in Draco it would be an effort worth legendary status to the builder?

• 1 month later...
On 14/01/2018 at 1:22 AM, The Fremen said:

160-200 orders per turn?.In the 14 plus years I have played the game Ive never needed more then 2 turn sheets. I think some stream lining is in order. :)

Yes, as my number of colonies is expanding, I'll have to streamline how I run them. Up to now, I have been running half a dozen small colonies, each increasing pop by only a few each turn, until the next colony ship arrives. I've been micromanaging their economies, changing production even if I only added 10 Improved ICs. Now I have my new generation of colony ships coming online, this approach won't do, too many orders :-)

Cheers

Gixxer