Rolling Thunder Forums

Game 101

richardjohns

1 hour ago, The Fremen said:

Axis #4 is a strange one. I’m not as convinced as my British ? brothers that the Scandinavian nations and their Russian/Baltic States TA’s are actually part of the group. Once Norway and NR are absorbed( lookin like it’s happening swiftly) the targets dry up. What do they do for 50+ turns? I doubt it will be gathering around the campfire singing songs about their eternal friendship with their European allies. ?

I know who the players are trust me they are a group... a dangerous group at that... we have built our whole game around the fact we knew we eventually would fight them

• Replies 703
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

47 minutes ago, Predator said:

I know who the players are trust me they are a group... a dangerous group at that... we have built our whole game around the fact we knew we eventually would fight them

Anything to deflect attention from your group, Predator. :-)

Oh yeah, we're one big group! The fact that the northern half of our "group" (Baltics, et al.) has let Poland and Czechoslovakia run roughshod over Germany, while Poland remains completely unprotected, should tell you something. But oh yeah, you want to deflect attention away from the Italy-Austria group. :-)

Nice play. :-)

I don’t feel the Scandinavian group is part of the German group whatsoever. Just as the Algeria/Portugal group is not part of our group. Spain and myself have a common enemy (France). That doesn’t make their group and my group one and the same....

Right now I see four different alliances capable of winning this game 

africa

middle east

balkans/Scandinavia 

europe

that enough deflection for ya?‍♂️

8 minutes ago, Predator said:

I don’t feel the Scandinavian group is part of the German group whatsoever. Just as the Algeria/Portugal group is not part of our group. Spain and myself have a common enemy (France). That doesn’t make their group and my group one and the same....

Right now I see four different alliances capable of winning this game 

africa

middle east

balkans/Scandinavia 

europe

that enough deflection for ya?‍♂️

You mean the Baltics/Scandinavia? The Balkans are Bulgaria, Rumania, Yugoslavia….

On 1/28/2018 at 3:01 PM, richardjohns said:

Master Spy Baa...

I would like to deny the reports that Iceland was being attacked. It was supposed to be practice drills. Next time, we will be more careful...?

Now for more Fake News...?

4 Irish and Brit CAs sunk this turn isnt bad. Come back for more target practice.  I am getting my bomb sight better calibrated.  

DEFENDER ENDING FORCES

;)

3rd Squadron   

Ship Name                      Experience  % Effective                       Ship Name                      Experience  % Effective

Enterprise, CV-23                 Green        100%                          Astoria, CA-40                    Green          0%

Astoria, CA-41                    Line           0%              

Task Force 2   

Ship Name                      Experience  % Effective                       Ship Name                      Experience  % Effective

AD-1, AD-1                        Green        100%                          Norfolk, CA-7                     Green         57%

Norfolk, CA-8                     Green        100%                          Norfolk, CA-9                     Green        100%

Norfolk, CA-10                    Green        100%                          Norfolk, CA-11                    Green          0%

Norfolk, CA-12                    Green         93%                          Norfolk, CA-13                    Line          88%

Norfolk, CA-14                    Line         100%                          Norfolk, CA-15                    Veteran      100%

Norfolk, CA-16                    Green         47%                          Norfolk, CA-17                    Green          0%

Norfolk, CA-18                    Line         100%                          Norfolk, CA-20                    Green         95%

Tribal, DD-33                     Line         100%                          Tribal, DD-34                     Green        100%

Tribal, DD-35                     Line         100%                          Tribal, DD-36                     Green        100%

Tribal, DD-37                     Green        100%                          Tribal, DD-38                     Green        100%

Tribal, DD-39                     Green        100%                          Tribal, DD-40                     Line         100%

Tribal, DD-41                     Green        100%                          Tribal, DD-42                     Green        100%

Tribal, DD-43                     Green        100%                          Tribal, DD-44                     Green        100%

Tribal, DD-45                     Green        100%                          Tribal, DD-46                     Line         100%

Tribal, DD-47                     Line         100%                          AD-1, AD-48                       Green        100%

AD-1, AD-49                       Green        100%                          AD-1, AD-50                       Line         100%

Master Spy Baa stands on the mountains of cps destroyed at xReykjavik... Fallen enemy airplanes, burnt airfields, and crumbling defenses fill the smoky ruins. Once again for another turn more ships fire. Battleships on the horizon. He wonders what a great TA Norway thought he was or is? What a bag of hot air....

1 hour ago, elpasopete said:

4 Irish and Brit CAs sunk this turn isnt bad. Come back for more target practice.  I am getting my bomb sight better calibrated.  

DEFENDER ENDING FORCES

;)

3rd Squadron   

Enterprise, CV-23                 Green        100%                          Astoria, CA-40                    Green          0%

Astoria, CA-41                    Line           0%              

Task Force 2   

AD-1, AD-1                        Green        100%                          Norfolk, CA-7                     Green         57%

Norfolk, CA-8                     Green        100%                          Norfolk, CA-9                     Green        100%

Norfolk, CA-10                    Green        100%                          Norfolk, CA-11                    Green          0%

Norfolk, CA-12                    Green         93%                          Norfolk, CA-13                    Line          88%

Norfolk, CA-14                    Line         100%                          Norfolk, CA-15                    Veteran      100%

Norfolk, CA-16                    Green         47%                          Norfolk, CA-17                    Green          0%

Norfolk, CA-18                    Line         100%                          Norfolk, CA-20                    Green         95%

Tribal, DD-33                     Line         100%                          Tribal, DD-34                     Green        100%

Tribal, DD-35                     Line         100%                          Tribal, DD-36                     Green        100%

Tribal, DD-37                     Green        100%                          Tribal, DD-38                     Green        100%

Tribal, DD-39                     Green        100%                          Tribal, DD-40                     Line         100%

Tribal, DD-41                     Green        100%                          Tribal, DD-42                     Green        100%

Tribal, DD-43                     Green        100%                          Tribal, DD-44                     Green        100%

Tribal, DD-45                     Green        100%                          Tribal, DD-46                     Line         100%

Tribal, DD-47                     Line         100%                          AD-1, AD-48                       Green        100%

AD-1, AD-49                       Green        100%                          AD-1, AD-50                       Line         100%

Ow ow ooooooww stop your hurting me!! NOT!!! 2 CA’s per nation is nothing compared to the destruction we have so far inflicted and more pain is already on the way. Tell the whole story Pete and how you have lost 800+ CP’s worth of industry and more will be lost until your port city is TOTALLY destroyed.  Until till next time which will be very very soon. Baaaaaaa ? 

oh and don’t forget the at least 5 squadrons of dive bombers either blown out of the sky or destroyed on the ground. 

Muahahaha ?

Doesn’t really matter what you do to his port city if he has an army there your never going to take Iceland..it’s his only port and your only chance to get ashore successfully. Eventually he will get better aircraft and sink everything you send up there. Really your just burning through your fuel reserves for nothing.

your best option would have been to land in France against a totally undefended shoreline 

We shall see....... the battle isn’t over yet and we have a plan for that as well. This has been thoroughly thought out. If it works we ? will become ? legends  ?

Pete don’t give up yet. This will only work if you continue to put up a fight so keep it up? Baaaaaaaa ? 

2 hours ago, Predator said:

Doesn’t really matter what you do to his port city if he has an army there your never going to take Iceland..it’s his only port and your only chance to get ashore successfully. Eventually he will get better aircraft and sink everything you send up there. Really your just burning through your fuel reserves for nothing.

your best option would have been to land in France against a totally undefended shoreline 

Eventually now there’s a key word. Iceland has American tech. While they do get better aircraft it won’t be for quite some time which is something that is working against our foe. Us as well but more him as his industry and ability to produce will be degraded while ours will just increase. 

Like I said we shall see and xReykjavik isn’t the only place we can strike ?

11 hours ago, The Fremen said:

We shall see....... the battle isn’t over yet and we have a plan for that as well. This has been thoroughly thought out. If it works we ? will become ? legends  ?

Pete don’t give up yet. This will only work if you continue to put up a fight so keep it up? Baaaaaaaa ? 

What makes you think I will give up?   Be careful, while your fleet is up north, who is watching the channel. :unsure: