Rolling Thunder Forums

Game 101

richardjohns

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 703
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The exploits of the infamous Baa Baa Black ? squadron continues with the successful attack and sinking of a Portuguese King George V BB apparently looking for the whereabouts of their missing Queen Mary who hasn’t been heard from since its  May Day transmission.  ?

keep em comin 

Baaaaaaaaa?

• 2 weeks later...

And keepin em coming he did!!  3 more King George V and 5 Leander CL’s test the blockade in force in the Azores. A group of non combatants also tried to sneak past the blockade. The results went poorly for the enemy. 5 non combatants sunk all 5 CL’s sunk and 3 battleships heavily damaged all for the loss of 1 destroyer. 

The stalwart defenders of the island will soon be crushed under the might of the Great Western Alliance ?

• 3 weeks later...

we personally have not taken anything from the Portuguese. We’ve subjected both Portugal and Spain to some ? genetic experiments involving industry devouring ? but mainly we are denying the sea lanes to our enemies so our allies can do their thing. Not much at all ? move along nothing to see here ?

I don't have a cat in this fight, I'm just trying to follow it by reading the forum, which is hard when you're the only one posting. I gave up trying to follow it a while back, but dropped in to see what was happening. Not much apparently.

I assumed that the way you were talking about all the ships you were sinking, that you would be doing the same if you were fighting somebody else. Unless it's not going as well as what you think it should? You, or your allies, have done a naval landing in Spain/Portugal? Don't know why I even ask, I know that's something you won't tell.

Actually it’s going quite well. Aside from the loss of a single destroyer to naval gunfire and the normal losses of planes in air attack vs naval assets we are doing exceptionally well. The enemy won’t report that his ships are sinking almost as fast as he can build them. That’s never a good thing. ?. That he has chosen to bring a pop gun to a machine gun fight is beyond me but we will be more then happy to oblige ?

I'd like to hear from some other players, like Portugal and Spain. Are the Irish really supermen? Are the Irish forces all over "like white on rice?" If they are, I find it hard to believe that you can't do anything about it. Has he really conquered you both enough that you can't stop him? Maybe kryptonite is involved?

Don’t forget cutting off rail networks and large numbers of industries turned to dust. Which btw continues unabated. ? our allies to the east are cleaning the enemies clocks. MASSIVE amounts of AIR and ARM points gone. One enemy nation attempted to destroy an allied army with 3 separate attacks which all failed. 

As for the Azores. That campaign is not over but will be soon. Amphibious invasion is a little more difficult then just storming across Europe. But I might add that there is one major city that is being defended valiantly and has proved impossible to conquer and if we have anything to say about it will remain unconquerable. Might I also add that Spain and Portugal may be good fighting non human enemies but can’t figure us ? out. 

Might I also add that although the Azores is important it is far from a critical must have. There are other ways to bring forces to the front but you knew that right?  

As for doing something about it? They could if they so chose but that would mean giving too much of an advantage to their enemies to the east and north.