Rolling Thunder Forums

Game 101

richardjohns

On 11/28/2018 at 9:28 PM, The Fremen said:

Yeah that would have turned out a bit differently had Britain’s pilots not gotten snot hangin drunk at an Irish pub.  😜

floating.jpg

• Replies 703
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I seem to recall Ireland saying that the Azores wouldn't be able to withstand losing so many defenders every turn. Now that you've conquered the Azores, it's on to Spain and their getting hammered. How many turns did it take you to conquer the little island of Azores?  

2 hours ago, Cleo said:

I seem to recall Ireland saying that the Azores wouldn't be able to withstand losing so many defenders every turn. Now that you've conquered the Azores, it's on to Spain and their getting hammered. How many turns did it take you to conquer the little island of Azores?  

Not everything turns out as expected but rest assured that little island will fall if is hasnt already.  I also recall saying that while its good if it falls it is not critical that it does.

its nice though that the enemy has expended so much resources for so little gain. Just a couple of turns ago enemy heavy bombers tried to attack our massive fleet blockading the islands and suffered very heavy losses. and to add insult to injury failed to score a single hit. Even the Algerian subs sent to counter our forces were sent to the bottom. The Portuguese King George V battleships sent to relieve the blockade also met up with Davey Jones and his minions for very little to show for their attempt.

in other news xParis is under constant air siege and the Spanish are unable to station any air force leaders there as those sneaky sheep commandoes are everywhere ready to devour them should they show themselves :). The Spanish may be forced to fly their depleted airforces elsewhere or have them destroyed by the combined sheep airforces.

Not everything in this game is about who destroyed the most enemy. That doesn't matter if you can't conquer territory. I believe Portugal, Italy, and Spain can out produce you by quite a lot, which means that losing some forces to protect that production is what it's all about. Portugal has put a lot into keeping the Azores, but how many forces of yours has he tied up? And for how long? And Spain, 2 or 3 counties bombing his airbase should be able to hurt it, if not, then you have real problems. But there is a big difference between bombing somebody and conquering them.

this is true. but we have successfully prevented Spain from conquering Lowlands and now its Italy's turn in the barrel. Spain has already lost quite a bit of industries to our bombing and that combined with denying him rail lines to keep his forces resupplied cost him dearly. In addition Libya is running roughshod over Algeria and Portugal will defintely have his hands full trying to keep his holdings in Morocco. Having the sheep pound him from the other side doesnt make things easier thats for sure. Once our allies from the west arrive in force ( just a matter of time) then the game will really be afoot. Soon sheep paratroopers will have free reign over large swaths of French Spanish and Italian holdings making it even tougher for the latter to prosecute his war against Denmark and our other allies to the east. And yes I agree there is a big difference between bombing and conquering someone but a good bombing campaign is essential to allow the conquering to commence. :) 

BTW The Major Spanish airbase in France is being bombed into the stoneage at the moment. Its unlikely that he will be able to reconsitute the amount of damage we are infllicting per TP even if his air production is substantial. The problem is that he cant retaliate in kind as he hasnt geared his airforce for the kind of attacks that are needed.

Its too late for him to try as he is taking way too much damage to his airforces and will just run headlong into more advanced fighter defenses then he is prepared for should he try to attack our bases. 

• 2 weeks later...

******** News Flash *********

Heard in the skies above an obscure little town in occupied northwest Germany were the sounds of bells. A rather rotund man in a bright red suit riding what looked to be a large sled being pulled by 🐑 disguised as reindeer made a special delivery of coal to the local Italian airbase. Unfortunately the fat man pushed the wrong button and unloaded all his coal right on top of all the Italian transport planes lined up in neat little rows. The result was total destruction. 😈. The fat man apologized to the Italian commanding general and departed. A rather joyous Ho Ho Ho could be be heard as his sled departed heading north. 😁

3 hours ago, Predator said:

Well that wasn’t very neighborly!

as soon as I’m done pushing lowlands and Denmark off the continent you will have my undivided attention...see you soon!!

Oh goodie!! More aliens to kill!  I think you will be ‘pushing’ for quite some time. 🐑 can be a stubborn bunch. 😈

• 2 weeks later...

Somewhere in the Atlantic.....

Klaxons sounded across the fleet as Spanish bombers approached to attack. 

Irish Wildcat and Buffalo II fighters scrambled to meet the bombers  shooting down scores of B17’s. Anti aircraft guns then opened up and brought down scores more. All told 58 B-17’s met their doom while 2 Irish fleet carriers suffered minor damage. The 🐑 rule the high sea and its lookin like it will stay that way for quite some time. 😁