Rolling Thunder Forums

Game 101

richardjohns

22 hours ago, The Fremen said:

Somewhere in the Atlantic.....

Klaxons sounded across the fleet as Spanish bombers approached to attack. 

Irish Wildcat and Buffalo II fighters scrambled to meet the bombers  shooting down scores of B17’s. Anti aircraft guns then opened up and brought down scores more. All told 58 B-17’s met their doom while 2 Irish fleet carriers suffered minor damage. The 🐑 rule the high sea and its lookin like it will stay that way for quite some time. 😁

Hmm, perhaps you don't know what a score is. You shot down slightly less than 3 score B-17's total. 

• Replies 703
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It was due to the fact that they were still partying after sinking 14 destroyers, 1 cruiser, 1 tender, 10 transports, and damaging 1 cruiser while only losing 4 planes. I don't recall you saying anything about that on the forum. I'm sure you meant to mention it, but just forgot. Or maybe it was just a mistake by the computer, because you are the king of the sea after all. By the way, how is the conquering of the Azores going?

Ahhh that yes. Except those weren’t Irish ships you sank and those were B-18’s not 17’s but what the hell is one number anyway right? I guarantee you had that been our fleet those B-18’s attacked the results would have been even worst then it was for the B17’s.  Last I looked the gallant defenders of the xAzores were getting ready to learn English 😈

It really hasn’t been all that big. Just a half a dozen CB’s and a bunch of Maritime strike in and around the island plus a bunch of TAS using shipboard aircraft(which btw aren’t the most effective). Losses on my forces have been 1 DD and some planes. 

I think since Portugal decided to heavily defend the island we took it as a challenge. It’s been a good one. INF in a city behind legendary fortifications can be a bitch to dislodge without decent tactical strike aircraft. 

• 3 weeks later...
8 minutes ago, Cleo said:

If I remember right, Kevin C. and Saint Michael, you both got thumped earlier in the game. Are you both still hanging on?

Can't speak for Saint Michael, but that's basically what happened to me. I'm still hanging on in fortress xAmsterdam. That's all I have.

Or, as I prefer to say it, the commanders of Lowlands have decided to reduce their expenses and downsize to a more manageable level of their capital city. The city state of xAmsterdam lives on. :-)