Rolling Thunder Forums

Game 101

richardjohns

Just got my turn today. It is fun going over my turn. I was wondering do occupied cities automatically start losing rail? I like that :) FYI. Why would anyone accept anything below a TA in the game? Just wondering I can't think why this would be helpful even for morale. What should I be doing on turn 2 that I might be forgetting as Great Britain? 

• Replies 703
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hello Richardjohns,

Partisans:
In occupied cities, partisans arise if no security is built.
These partisans are starting to destroy your rail and also impact your tax-income.
When conquering a city, which has POP partisan level immediately jumps on 4.
Therefore, after doing a CA, you should also enter a BFDU SEC order to make sure you can start eliminate those partisans.
(i don't have my papers around, but if SEC is +2 bigger then the partisan-level, that level goes down by 1 per turn)

Other factors also can have an influence (Training SEC, ranger btn), please check corresponding sections in the manual.

TA/ALL/etc.
You are limited with your #of TA-agreements (4 is max).
Other agreements like ALL or NAP can be made for various reasons... trading of goods, securing a border, getting better morale, etc.
Entering an agreement has it's benefits, but also it's risks.

If you want to start war with someone, you need to break that first.
You can be lucky, getting an immediate break, or it takes some turns ... what you maybe don't like as the other party will see your try and could setup some sort of reaction.

It can also be used to "trick" others...
You are under attack, but your TA has no war. So, you could cede a position to your TA - and if your enemy does not check that properly, his attack fails as he cannot attack terretory of your TA as he has no war with that TA.

Yes.... this is the simple answer. 

I assume you speak of xBelfast and xNewry :) . But places like xMalta or the 2 Kuwait provinces are neutral and have no original owner. Only SEC will work in those cases. :cheers:

ission Weather Cancellation Chart

Weather Band    Winter    Spring    Summer    Fall
Arctic    5%    3%    1%    3%
North Europe    3%    1%    0%    2%
Central Europe    2%    0%    0%    1%
South Europe    0%    0%    0%    0%
North Africa    0%    1%    3%    1%
%'s represent the chance that an air mission being attempted from or to a province under these conditions will be cancelled due to inclement weather.