Game 101

richardjohns

• Replies 703
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

6 hours ago, Predator said:

True

but if you sail around with destroyers and a few carriers on naval movement orders the subs will try to engage and your fleet will sink a bunch of subs

not always the case. Destroyers and CV's are usually much too fast for subs to get attack position on. need to use those DE's or CVE's. or use those CV's and DD's but add a few slower supply ships with them. Unfortunately this detracts from the ASW score of the fleet. You will still get some subs for sure but I would have preferred an actual order to go sub hunting , not let the subs do all the hunting. 

The best tactic I think which will require the least amount of fuel/gen/munitions is to attack with small groups of shipboard aircraft and recon planes. ( one from each attack profile). 4 groups per air wing times 12. This will usually decimate a sub fleet if you know where its operating.This tactic however requires LOTS of orders to set up and cant be used effectively by german or russian tech Those 2 techs will need to use full sized groups. a complicated work around that would have been made much simplier by adding on offensive action by surface fleets against subs.

On 6/22/2019 at 11:58 AM, Cleo said:

Sheep have a habit of crying wolf.

The Spanish must have gotten word that something terrible had happened in xLugo as they sent the once vaunted 8th Air Force to investigate. Once there they discovered to their horror the remains of hundreds of B-17’s and over 1200 of once shiny new P-51’s. Those damned 🐑 screamed the Spanish air commander. Hit them with everything!!! He instructed. The 🐑 tried to find safe haven in the nearby mountains but the attacking Spanish B18’s  were too fast and too numerous. The Irish 🐑 paratroopers we’re eliminated to the last 🐑. The damage was more then done however and the attacking Spanish aircraft can’t run nor hide. 😈😈

we will find you too and ......... baaaaahahaha 

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Guys,

The game is winding down, and I have a proposal for the remaining players. 

We have 3 alliances still with viable positions, the western allies, the Russian/Baltic alliance, and The ME/African alliance. As it stands right now, I think our alliance will win the game without much difficulty, and the only real issue is by how much. 

What I propose is we fight on after turn 73. I propose that in this way. If the other two alliances combine to fight against us, they will have a slight advantage in production and materiel, however we will probably be more cohesive. The fight would be to the finish, and I think could be epic. The western allies have far more power than just Libya and Egypt in the west, but have longer supply lines, so it will be a tough sled either way, and the NE group would basically be fighting Iraq/Syria/TJ, which they would outnumber. Russian tech is a liability in this sort of game, but their numerical advantage would likely make up for it. 

As I said earlier, we are almost certain to win if we stop at 73, so we have nothing to gain from this proposal but lot's of fun fighting, and isn't that what we play Victory! for? Everybody on our team has victories in the past, but the prospect of an epic 5 on 11 fight (I think Denmark is still fighting, and perhaps Lowlands as well) raging throughout the entire map sounds like a great time. 

It requires a unanimous vote to do this, and I know it's a long shot, but we thought we would give it a try. 

Mark

1 hour ago, Marklen X said:

Guys,

We have 3 alliances still with viable positions, the western allies, the Russian/Baltic alliance, and The ME/African alliance. As it stands right now, I think our alliance will win the game without much difficulty, and the only real issue is by how much. 

What I propose is we fight on after turn 73. I propose that in this way. If the other two alliances combine to fight against us, they will have a slight advantage in production and materiel, however we will probably be more cohesive. The fight would be to the finish, and I think could be epic. The western allies have far more power than just Libya and Egypt in the west, but have longer supply lines, so it will be a tough sled either way, and the NE group would basically be fighting Iraq/Syria/TJ, which they would outnumber. Russian tech is a liability in this sort of game, but their numerical advantage would likely make up for it. 

As I said earlier, we are almost certain to win if we stop at 73, so we have nothing to gain from this proposal but lot's of fun fighting, and isn't that what we play Victory! for? Everybody on our team has victories in the past, but the prospect of an epic 5 on 11 fight (I think Denmark is still fighting, and perhaps Lowlands as well) raging throughout the entire map sounds like a great time. 

It requires a unanimous vote to do this, and I know it's a long shot, but we thought we would give it a try. 

Mark

Hey Mark!

Im a yes vote on the condition we get to research ‘fat man’  so we can load it on our B-29’s and blow stuff up. 😂

ok still a yes if we can’t 😁

Joe Sanchez(Ireland)

1 hour ago, Marklen X said:

Guys,

Mark

No problem on the RTG side.  As Mark said, I would just need confirmation from all remaining players before the end of TP 73.

Russ