Rolling Thunder Forums

Draco Rumours

Lord Deependra

We are the Klade.

Intelligence operatives, interstellar merchants, spies, rumormongers and other sources report that your empire stands firmly
against the dreaded DMX, destroying their shipping whenever possible. Furthermore, your sources indicate that your
explorers have discovered a significant number of star systems. Also, your sources indicate that your industrial base is
quite strong.

The Eridani Enclaves have received this one several times in a row now.

Intelligence operatives, interstellar merchants, spies, rumormongers and other sources report that your empire commands the largest standing army that they have witnessed anywhere.

==================================================================================================== Intelligence operatives, interstellar merchants, spies, rumormongers and other sources report that your empire commands the

most extensive colonization efforts they have seen anywhere. Your sources also indicate that your merchant marine is quite strong.

The Fremen have received this the last 3 times this report was generated.

So as to give folks an inkling of just what it takes to get to this level we reveal the following

Current population living off our HW is 44k+

Current cargo capacity 27 million +

The rabbits have

Intelligence operatives, interstellar merchants, spies, rumormongers and other sources report that your empire possesses a very strong colonization effort.

• 1 month later...

We are the Klade

Intelligence operatives, interstellar merchants, spies, rumormongers and other sources report that your empire has
obliterated more tonnage of DMX shipping than any other they have encountered. Furthermore, your sources indicate that your
explorers have discovered a significant number of star systems.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Intelligence operatives, interstellar merchants, spies, rumormongers and other sources report that your empire commands the
most extensive colonization efforts they have seen anywhere. They also indicate that your navy is quite powerful, boasting more firepower than most they have come across..

We are the Klade

Intelligence operatives, interstellar merchants, spies, rumormongers and other sources report that your empire has
obliterated more tonnage of DMX shipping than any other they have encountered. Furthermore, your sources indicate that your
explorers have discovered a significant number of star systems.

• 2 months later...

I have started a new Draco empire a few months ago, clearly a year after the core of the galaxy got underway.

Pete.......What can I expect in the way of rumor reports way out here on the galactic rim?    Clearly I will never haves as many ships, larger economy, bigger army, etc...   than anyone in the Core.  Will I never get a rumor report given my very rural location in the galaxy?  Or will I get rumor reports that are indexed to others that started a galaxy about the time I did?  What will happen if my success if so vast (as I expect) that I, in fact, get to be bigger than everyone in the CORE.  Will I be compared against them or the others in my age group?

What will happen in say 5 years if I start a new Draco empire.  Still no reports or a report showing my status among others with the same birthday??????

That's a good question. How can a younger empire get a nice rumour?

Presumably you will be compared against everyone. Otherwise a rumour saying you have the biggest fleet is going to make you dangerously overconfident. A comparison to others in your age group won't tell you much since you don't know who else is in your age group, nor how many there are. Maybe you were the only empire to start up in that period of time, so being the best of that group means nothing.

I think by the open-ended nature of the game, younger empires are generally going to be weaker than established empires (awesome gameplay aside), and will thus miss out on the rumours.

One option might be for Pete to add lots and lots of categories. No-one can do everything. For example, in Andromeda, I started years after the CORE empires, but I built over 100 wormholes, creating my Hyperspace Highway. While I would not have got a mention for size of fleet, I might have got one for wormholes.

While you might not get a rumour for biggest fleet, maybe you could get one for "most fusion firepower", "largest drone fleet" or "heaviest shielded ships", if such categories existed.