Rolling Thunder Forums

Draco Rumours

Lord Deependra

Actually the younger races could catch up to the elder ones in some areas. One that jumps out immediately is colonization. 

Just like nearly everything else in SuperNova it too follows the laws of diminishing returns. 

After using all my available extra Pop and then dismantling our stripmines to get more we will hit a slowdown where the only Pop available will be that which we can gain from reproductive growth and immigration.  This is where the younger races given time can actually attain our level of colonization  and then surpass us IF they can reproduce faster. It may take some time given our substantial head start but it can be done?

I think it all depends on circumstances.  I want to push out exploration as quickly as possible, but at some point I won't have many orders to devote to that due to colonization, wars, building etc.  It will be relatively easy for a person who really pursues exploration to pass me, even years later.  Now if my neighbor who started on day on is an exploration fiend then it might take  a bit longer. :)

Also, I can say with a great deal of experience, that a very large fleet can go away in a single turn, then you have to build a new one.  That was 750B tons in Andromeda....

:cheers:

We are the Klade

Intelligence operatives, interstellar merchants, spies, rumormongers and other sources report that your empire has
obliterated more tonnage of DMX shipping than any other they have encountered. Furthermore, your sources indicate that your
explorers have discovered a significant number of star systems.

• 2 months later...

We are the Klade.

Intelligence operatives, interstellar merchants, spies, rumormongers and other sources report that your empire's
annihilation of DMX shipping is among the largest they have come across. Furthermore, your sources indicate that your
explorers have discovered a significant number of star systems. Also, your sources indicate that your industrial base is
quite strong.

• 2 months later...

Intelligence operatives, interstellar merchants, spies, rumormongers and other sources report that your empire boasts one of

the most extensive colonization efforts they have seen anywhere. They also indicate that your navy is quite powerful,

boasting more firepower than most they have come across..

Looks like I got bumped from the top of the heap in the colonization area but my Navy is on the move now.:D

We are the Klade.

Intelligence operatives, interstellar merchants, spies, rumormongers and other sources report that your empire's
annihilation of DMX shipping is among the largest they have come across. Furthermore, your sources indicate that your
explorers have discovered a significant number of star systems. Also, your sources indicate that your industrial base is
quite strong.

The Eridani Enclaves are doing pretty good.

Intelligence operatives, interstellar merchants, spies, rumormongers and other sources report that your empire possesses a
very strong colonization effort. Additionally, your sources report that your standing army is among the largest they have
encountered in their travels. Your sources also indicate that your merchant marine is quite strong.