Rolling Thunder Forums

Draco AP 1

richardjohns

I would say that I watch would watch out for diminishing returns of mines after about 2.5 K of colony berthings. Then you need to use the colony berthing's for something else. You reach diminishing returns alot sooner if you have a high potential. That is why its ok to colonize outside your system, if you want to forgo the use of the extra colony berthings that have a specific purpose but have nothing to do with mining. Please note in Draco large amounts of colony berthings are only useful in forward bases and do not really help with production that much. I am feeling the diminishing returns already and falling behind in mine usefulness. Note, also AP had no impact on decreasing this diminishing return.

• Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

No such thing as diminishing returns on colony berths. Without gates and ICE-X you will need ever more colonies to feed your industry. As you go further away your fleets will take longer to get there so you will need more and more of them. I don't see any reason to ever stop colonizing and the more you have the faster those colonies can be set up.

Also, if you ever get to the point that you really have too many, you will probably be able to recycle them for the iron.