Rolling Thunder Forums

Wormhole Generators

Gixxer

Esteemed Gentlebeings,

A quick question about Wormhole Generators:

The description says a limit of 1 per world. Does this include moons, or does it mean 1 per planet (ie, a body that has an orbital distance in the System Scan)?

Not that I have built any yet, just wondered.

Cheers

Gixxer

OK, final quick question for the day, before I go to bed :-) Change of subject, but I don't think it's worth starting a new topic for a quick question :-)

So, where are my Sub-sea cities? I have cities, Domed Cities, and Subterranean Cities, I also have the Horizon Tech for Aquatic installation construction, which states:

"This technology also grants a favorable colonization modifier under the right conditions by providing your colonists with sub-sea habitats."

just like the horizon tech did for Subterranean construction, and I got the Subterranean cities.

The pre-requisites for city types goes like this

City - none

Domed City - image.png.8414db1aedeb9bd0a9cd5bfc005dc6b7.png

Subterranean City - image.png.f82c8b1053489ea83ab4b8ab1b3a4be8.png

So I'm guessing that Sub-sea cities should need 4th Gen Civil Engineering, and err, SuperDuper Construction Materials?

I'm up to 6th Gen Civil Engineering and haven't seen them yet, is there another area I need to research? Or is there something else going on?

Cheers

Gixxer

Hmm, 4.30am, I'll just do a bit more of my turn before I go to bed Hehe

Subterranean cities in Draco if beefed up like domed cities were will go a very long way towards reducing general attrition rates to a point where even gas Giants will be viable for even non colonizers. If you already are a good colonizer I suspect with those cities there won't be a planet in the galaxy that you couldn't turn into a paridise ?  At least within the walls of your subterranean city ?

• 11 months later...

Hi All,

another question regarding Wormhole routes. I understand you can set up a route before you've built the Wormhole Generator, and have read the notes on submitting the info that Pete wrote a while ago for automatic setting of routes. A couple of things I'm not clear on. When you set up a route, is the reverse route also set up? E.G you set up Alpha1 --> Beta -- > Gamma --> Delta 2

Does this automatically set up the reverse route, Delta 2 -->... --> Alpha1, or would you have to set that up separately?

I'm wondering if you can have a 1 way warp point as part of the route you choose for the Wormhole Generator pair?

My understanding is that since the 2 Wormhole Generators are directly connected, and the limit of 5 jumps is just so you can't pair 2 Generators half the galaxy apart, it doesn't matter if one of the steps on the route is a one way jump, since the ships that WARP through the Wormhole Generator aren't actually travelling along that route. In other words, tracing a route through normal warp points is just a way of limiting how far apart those Wormhole Generators can be, and you are actually creating a new warp point (path?) between Alpha 1 <---> Delta 2.

Think I've figured it out ?

Gixxer