Rolling Thunder Forums

Draco - ROE settings

Sakarissa

Per the pdf that set the setting for Draco, there are only 3 ROEs - Quebec, Romeo, and Zulu. I'm not sure if they are unchanged from their Andro equivalents or not. I'm guessing that Zulu is attack anybody regardless of PAP agreements. I'm asking since I'm trying to formulate a way for two empires to jointly defend points in space without shooting at each other. If we were to PAP each other to Total Ally, how does that actually play out under the ROE settings?

There is a lengthy discussion about this on the board. 

The short answer - Joint operations require you to have declared war on your enemies.  There is no auto attack setting that will not attack allies.

Zulu is meant to protect your interior areas from everyone, including best friends.

:cheers:

If players A and B are total allies and have declared war on player C then yes.  Players  A and B must also be on Romeo or Quebec orders otherwise it will be a shootout with everyone a viable target. 

This situation could happen if players A and B arrived at the WP with R or Q orders and then changed them to Z after they arrived. Since triggering a battle requires movement A and B would sit there with their fingers on the triggers until C showed up at which time everyone starts shootin until only one side is left. At least that’s the way I understand it.:D

5 hours ago, The Fremen said:

If players A and B are total allies and have declared war on player C then yes.  Players  A and B must also be on Romeo or Quebec orders otherwise it will be a shootout with everyone a viable target. 

This situation could happen if players A and B arrived at the WP with R or Q orders and then changed them to Z after they arrived. Since triggering a battle requires movement A and B would sit there with their fingers on the triggers until C showed up at which time everyone starts shootin until only one side is left. At least that’s the way I understand it.:D

To amend slightly. A SENS order could also trigger a battle. 

Thanks for all the input. Now the question is this - is this something we want changed/addressed or do we go with what it currently is? I understand the desire to trim down the joint operations shenanigans from Andro but it feels like it's swung too far in the other direction. Thoughts?

Good Luck.  I think it silly to not be able to work joint ops with your friends while engaging anybody else, but that does not seem to be the process the universe is taking per previous discussions.  So, declare WAR on everybody and sort things out later.  Gives you a pre-fabricated excuse for blowing up your neighbors ships, on accident.

:cheers:

It can still be done but only with extraordinary coordination and even then it’s not 100% as some previously unknown alien could still find a way past your pickets with one-way warp points and then all bets are off again. Perhaps this is a way to mitigate exploitation of some game mechanics but like someone said previously the pendulum has swung to far in the opposite direction. If it doubtful that it will swing back anytime soon. :(

But that’s where your way wrong Nym. 

The high RB race will definitely need the help of a good colonizer/ ground pounder and vice versa but they won’t be able to effectively coordinate with each other when it comes to the nasty business of war. Does this make sense to anyone else besides you? 

The question becomes why have encounter orders in the first place? The ones that were kept put a serious limit on how even Total Allies can work with each other. I’m mean seriously... why can’t a total ally help defend the HW of the other total ally? If he tries he will get blown up by the PDC of the HW. Of course the total allies could agree to take out the PDC’s of each other’s HW and build new ones not named Bastion. In this way they could help defend each other HW’s but then along comes a previously unknown alien again that slips by the pickets and we are back to square one. Like I said in a previous post the Yankee encounter order will solve this issue in a few keystrokes. 

Naw it does not matter if your weak or strong you still loss ether way in battle some might take longer then others and some won't. Beside that  I don't trust anybody anymore everybody is out to get you one way or other in this game