Rolling Thunder Forums

Draco: Real or Fake News? Discuss...

Sandarbian

The chance of finding something when exploring a planet is based on the following factors:-
- Your racial EXM
- The presence of an explorer in the fleet
- How “rich” the planet is in terms of exploration. This is a set hidden value. Gas Giants and
Asteroids seem to be exploration-poor.
- How much of the planet has been explored i.e. the more finds you make, the less likely you
are to make any more. An ORB will tell you how explored the planet is.
- Survey components built into the ships of the fleet.

• Replies 114
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

:cheers:

But I just noticed from info sent to me that the formula changed from what I was told last time I played but the results are the same. Formula GREATLY simplified.

I'm kewl with it!B)

Old formula was (# of installations)*(((Hydro Potential/50)+1)*1000) so yea some brainiac went "Eureka!".  

CSV, Fleet #, Population Group #
Fleet # - The Fleet ID # where your survey teams are based
Population Group #  - The Population Group # that your teams will be focusing on. If no Population Group # is specified, they will
conduct a general attrition survey of the planet.

In this order, does the pop group have to be on the planet being surveyed? Or can you use your Homeworld pop group number, so as to see what your attrition rate would be if colonizing. Or is that what is done automatically if you don't put a pop group # there? OR...ok, I got nothing for a third option.....B)

Imperium Navium Aetheris 

Issuing this order on any orbit be it a planet, moon or asteroid belt will give you a report of the conditions on the whole orbit for colonization. If you establish a pop group on that orbit and add its ID number this order will focus on the conditions at the pop group. Typically used to determine the effectiveness of any colony installations you have built on that pop group.    

Thanks!

And of course working on a turn produces more questions in my feeble mind. 

On turn 4 you end up with 100,000,000 unit of Raw Materials. Your strip miners pull 80,000,000 units of RM every turn. On turn 5, do you count on 100,000,000 units to build stuff with, OR can you count on 180,000,000 units of Raw Materials to build stuff?