Rolling Thunder Forums

Robotic ShipYards

I have a scores of pop groups on the same planet, no problems.  You have to have the shipyards in the same pop group as the materials are coming from.  If this is not the case then you can either transfer the materials to the shipyards or remove and rebuild the shipyards where the materials are.

Was there some other issue I have missed?

Well, there is no chance to that sort of operation.  Your installations, shipyards and slips get built in the pop group you assign them.  However, the printout does not report all pop groups correctly.  If you have multiple pop groups building ships you will need to ask Pete for a print out of each pop group and how many slips each one has.  If you do not have a single shipyard in  a pop group then nothing will get built and nothing will show up on your shipyard report.

You also have to be sure that you DISM the slips when moving pop groups.  They don't show up on the installation report correctly all the time so it is possible to miss them.  However, the best sure way to do it is to just plan on building a few 100 new ones at the new pop group.  I believe an ORB command will detail what all is in the pop groups too.

Here what pete sent me in my email

Tony,

Thanks.  I found the issue – it’s the shipyard slips.  On the printout, they show up on Rilley-3 which is correct, but it’s kind of misleading because it draws from one of the pop groups (unfortunately, not 30611 but the other one, 24848).  30611 doesn’t have any (so it defaults to 1) while 24848 has the 7.

I’ve moved those slips over to 30611 so it now has 7.  It still has all of the other installations it already had.

Sorry for the trouble—the pesky printout doesn’t distinguish between the pop groups when it comes to slips, so it can be hard to know which one has them L   This does mean, by the way, that if you have several pop groups on a world and each has some slips, you won’t know from your results how many each one has.  It’s unlikely you’ll have that situation, but there it is.

Pete

Yes, that is what I was talking about as well.  Looks like you are all set.  

Before the fix on the 2B ton/pop group output I had at least 10 pop groups all doing 2B a turn.  It was a bit of a pain to keep track of what was what without a special request in to Pete.

Good luck.