Rolling Thunder Forums

DRACO: I HAVE A QUESTION

Sandarbian

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

10 hours ago, lugal said:

Yes. It is about the sequence. Offload first, then issue the build order.

Great!   Can I put this in my convoy orders?   Can I.  Xoc some construction materials. And then have a   con. Domed cities in the convoy orders?   

Since you listed domed cities. If you are super colonizer the domed city will be replaced by either the Deep Core Heat Sink or the Thermal Transfer Center. These bring the worst worlds to Ideal by themselves most of the time. Then you will need to change the Convoy route.

On 3/18/2019 at 1:31 AM, Landmine said:

Great!   Can I put this in my convoy orders?   Can I.  Xoc some construction materials. And then have a   con. Domed cities in the convoy orders?   

To answer your specific question, yes you can. All my colonisation convoy routes offload colonists and construction materials of the various types then build the mines and colonisation building in the next few orders.

Eg

Priority 10 - CTRN: 11111, 100
Priority 20 - LC: 11111, **, Construction Materials, 50000, Colonists, 100, Fuel, 100000
Priority 30 - MOVE: **, Mouse, 12345
Priority 40 - WARP: **
Priority 50 - MOVE: **, Elephant, 67890
Priority 60 - WARP: **
Priority 70 - NM: **, Duck, 3
Priority 80 - OC: **, 22222, ALL NO FUEL
Priority 90 - CON: 43, Iron Mine, 22222
Priority 100 - CON: 34, Light Metals Mine, 22222
Priority 110 - CON: 23, Gas Refinery, 22222
Priority 120 - CON: 1,Colonial Training Center, 22222
Priority 130 - LC: 29234, **, ALL
Priority 140 - MOVE: **, Duck, 55332
Priority 150 - WARP: **
Priority 160 - MOVE: **, Elephant, 74636
Priority 170 - WARP: **
Priority 180 - NM: **, Mouse, 1
Priority 190 - OC: **, 11111, ALL NO FUEL

• 6 months later...

In the SN:ROTE ORDERS SUPPLEMENTAL, on the "Build Ship" under "Build Priority" is states; "Any positive number that indicates where in the Shipyard Queue you want this set of ships to appear. Enter a zero (0) to put this group of ships first." 

Now my assumption, be it ever so dreaded, by the wording of the statement would be that ships would be build from 0 priority in an ascending order, i.e. ships at 0 priority get built first, then ships at 01 priority, then 02, 03 and so forth. 

BUT....

Actual experience shows that ships are build in a descending priority order. I increment my priority number by 10, i.e., 10,20,30,40 and so forth. Ship Orders using priority 40 are shown to be built first. OR at least the turn is saying those ships are built, then the ones at 30 priority and so forth down to 0 (or till you run out of shipbuilding ability).

So RTG, is the description wrong in the rules or is the program thumbing its nose at ya?

Now not a huge big deal but rules and gameplay reality should be on the same page. Makes up for all the books and real world reality that are not on the same page.......

That and ya know I love giving ya grief....😎

keith

• 2 weeks later...
On 10/12/2019 at 3:05 PM, Sandarbian said:

In the SN:ROTE ORDERS SUPPLEMENTAL, on the "Build Ship" under "Build Priority" is states; "Any positive number that indicates where in the Shipyard Queue you want this set of ships to appear. Enter a zero (0) to put this group of ships first." 

Now my assumption, be it ever so dreaded, by the wording of the statement would be that ships would be build from 0 priority in an ascending order, i.e. ships at 0 priority get built first, then ships at 01 priority, then 02, 03 and so forth. 

BUT....

Actual experience shows that ships are build in a descending priority order. I increment my priority number by 10, i.e., 10,20,30,40 and so forth. Ship Orders using priority 40 are shown to be built first. OR at least the turn is saying those ships are built, then the ones at 30 priority and so forth down to 0 (or till you run out of shipbuilding ability).

So RTG, is the description wrong in the rules or is the program thumbing its nose at ya?

Now not a huge big deal but rules and gameplay reality should be on the same page. Makes up for all the books and real world reality that are not on the same page.......

That and ya know I love giving ya grief....😎

keith

OK....everything I said about ascending order vs descending order of the priority number of the SHIP order....well forget it. Seems it is the order of the orders....that's confusing...that you input that determines what is built first. Last SHIP order in your turn is the first ship built, first SHIP order in your turn is last ship built. What you put in for the priority number doesn't seem to matter. 

BUT....

This is with NO shipbuilding carried over from the previous turns. The slipways are empty. AND all ships sent to Shipyards to be built by SHIP order are completed by end of ship construction phase. 

What happens when there is carryover of ship construction from one turn to another and then additional SHIP orders are inputted.....no idea what happens. 

:python:

Probably no one cares but still...😎

In my experience the priority of build does something.  I have had a large ship being built take a number of turns when higher priority ships get slipped in front.  However, for the most part if there is a question I just build more shipyards or slips so it all gets built in the turn.

• 5 months later...

Ok, I'm confused. (...like that is news...)

Death Machines and the Naval Encounter Plan. 

What do I set the NENC so as to be sure that if I encounter an Death Machine fleet I attack? 

Romeo Say "Attack any declared enemy". Do I need to declare war on each and every DM sector? 

Or must you set Yankee and blast innocents who warp in so as to be sure to blast DM's.?

OR is battle automatic with DM's? Are they set to Zulu?

• 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...