Rolling Thunder Forums

DRACO: I HAVE A QUESTION

Sandarbian

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Here are a few.  Each design type has a lower and upper bound for tonnage then there are a few other things that can change a designation depending on what components you have in the design.  In Draco you see lots of express boats and blockade runners since you need so much tonnage in engines to get a higher AP design.  There can also be multiple designs in the same tonnage range.  For example a CVB (bantam carrier) is 25k to 249k and a CVBA (bantam assault carrier) is 50-249k but it has armor.

anyway here are a few;

CO - 25k

FF - 25-49k

DD - 50-74k

HDD  75-99k

SDD 100-149k

SDDZ 100-?

CL - 150- 249

FC - 250-399

CA - 400-600

SCA 600-749

CCA 750-999

BC 1M - 1.249M

WC 1.25 - 1.499M

SC 1.5 - 1.99M

BM - 2M - 2.99

BB 3 - 7.99M

DN 8-14.9M

BDN 15- 19.9M

WDN 20-49.9M

NDN 50M and up

I have long argued that these all need to be inflated by a factor of 10 since you get out of all the cool classifications by the time you are actually building stuff you want to use.  Many of the higher end weapons are bigger than an entire ship until you get o CCA size and larger.

Anyway, there you have it.  Not much has changed in Draco that I can see.

Thanks!

Most of my BM's weigh much less than 2 million tons, thankfully... :)   sorry could not resist...

ran into a DMX battleship with one of my scout ships, it was about 5,000,000 tons, mix of 4th, 5th and maybe 6th? generation tech.  

• 2 months later...

Greetings - 

That is a difficult question since it is impossible or at least difficult to know that you have checked every system and possible location and then there is the issue of how you want to count a one way that provides a short cut.

In my experience in Andromeda, I rarely, like maybe one that I remember, saw a HW within 4 of each other.  Occasionally one at range 5, but for me the butter zone was 7-10.  If the universe creation subroutine has not been fiddled with then that should hold true in Draco.

In Draco I have found HW's at range 4 (through a one way) and range 8-14 on the return trip and a couple that are in the 7-10 range with 8 being the most common for me.

Feel free to panic now.  :cheers:

Edited by hobknob
typo

13 hours ago, hobknob said:

Greetings - 

That is a difficult question since it is impossible or at least difficult to know that you have checked every system and possible location and then there is the issue of how you want to count a one way that provides a short cut.

In my experience in Andromeda, I rarely, like maybe one that I remember, saw a HW within 4 of each other.  Occasionally one at range 5, but for me the butter zone was 7-10.  If the universe creation subroutine has not been fiddled with then that should hold true in Draco.

In Draco I have found HW's at range 4 (through a one way) and range 8-14 on the return trip and a couple that are in the 7-10 range with 8 being the most common for me.

Feel free to panic now.  :cheers:

This information is confirmed. We did indeed find another HW only 4 jumps away ( one way) and the return trip was only 6 jumps also one way.