Official: Turns Are In Thread

EternusIV

• Replies 5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Processed on new-years day? That would mean the turns are :cheers: due on new year's eve. :drunk: That will be an interesting time :beer: trying to complete the turns. Gee Pete, I'm sure that :cheers: I did NOT put in that order to dismantle all of my IC's and build temples, even if I included a note :P that said it was done so I could properly :drunk: worship the ancients gods of wine and spirits. :cheers::cheers:. And why are you :cheers::beer: yelling over the :thumbsup: phone?? :drunk::huh:

Russ/Pete

Are you currently having problems with your ISP? I remember that turns used to come out much faster once they got started. I could usually get all of my positions turn results within 30-45 minutes. Now I get a data filehours ahead of the first turn results and then it takes hours to get the last turn. It really is "cruel and unusual punishment" to have the datafile show up hours ahead of the turns and then have the turns trickle in so slowly.

:beer::thumbsup::cheers::cheers::beer::P:huh:

ISP problems are the root of it :beer:

A while back they instituted some anti-spam safeguards - we are literally prevented from sending out emails quickly (it blocks our sending program if we send too many emails in a given time frame - crashing the program thank you very much). Our discussions with their tech support were a waste of time so we had to build in a timed delay in our sending software to slow it down.

We adjusted our procedures a bit by sending out the data files and the PDF files simultaneously (Pete does one, I do the other) but it is still an hours long process. Pete starts the data files first (the longest run) then brings the PDF files to me which is why you tend to see one starting to arrive before the other.

Frustrating on this end as well - we are continuing to look into some possibilties so hopefully we can find a solution that speeds it up.

Russ

• 2 weeks later...