• 3 weeks later...
  • Replies 46
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

;)

STOMP!

I mean BUMP!!!

Those of us who are peaceful diplomatic empire builders really need to be able to do something with those neutrals other than plunder them of there scarce artifacts. It would be nice if any sort of repair feature for installations was implemented, maybe the original one you talked about a year ago but wasn't pleased with till you decide how to do. Growth rates for Neutrals are abysmal even with Medical and Cloning Centers so please look this over.

/Locklyn

Those of us who are peaceful diplomatic empire builders really need to be able to do something with those neutrals other than plunder them of there scarce artifacts. It would be nice if any sort of repair feature for installations was implemented, maybe the original one you talked about a year ago but wasn't pleased with till you decide how to do. Growth rates for Neutrals are abysmal even with Medical and Cloning Centers so please look this over.

I second this. ;)

• 3 weeks later...

.......BUMP.......

Please Pete, give us some sort of feedback here. It's been a year since you said you'd look into the self repair procedure of installations on neutrals since you weren't pleased with how it worked then. Since then nothing has happened on the issue and for the Explorer types among us it is a bit sad sitting with a bunch of neutral worlds which grow slowly, we can't add pop to them nor free pop from the busted installations or even repair or INST those interesting installations that have been damaged in ancient wars. Could you PLEASE do something about this?

*pleading gremloid voice*

/Locklyn

But I thought by your earlier comments already had looked at this and had started something on it??? Why not just reinstate the old selfrepair routine you talked about a year ago so we have something happening meanwhile.

As for a priority list, that is a splendid idea and has been brought up here on the boards before as a suggested means of letting us know where the game is and what you were working on but there was very little response from you on this then. This is also a matter that should be discussed on the boards, not just at Gencon, a lot of players who can't make it there who I am certain want their voice heard on this matter as well.

/Locklyn

Sure, had looked at it. Just other more important issues came up. Obviously everybody's voice is heard; that's one of the biggest reasons we created this message board. Anyway it's easy to talk things through in detail face to face, not to mention fun, so GenCon will be a nice addition to this forum.

Since you guys are going to be discussing priorities of what areas are to be fixed/enhanced gamewise at GenCon perhaps these are some of the issues you could address there as well as here on the boards so everyone can participate. In no particular order of importance:

1) Combat Reports:

They were changed and then changed back again? Any ETA on when we'll see the new version in play?`

2) Diplomacy Repair:

The Diplomatic section of the rules doesn't seem to have anything to do with how it works in the game. There's no effect of violently invading neutrals instead of peacefully diplomacing them as contrary to what the rules say. There doesn't seem to be any real depth to having diplomatic relations with other Empires except as a "Don't shoot those tentacled blobs" marker. Not everyone wants to blast their way across space and it would be nice if some of the diplomacy that was in the rules were put back into the game?

3) Installation Repair:

Can we please see an implementation of repair possibilities for installations on neutral worlds that have been aquired? As it is now many neutrals are pretty item holders that won't grow much, you can't transfer pop to them to make them a viable colony and you can't even DISM the broken installations to free up pop.

4) Legendary Characters:

These need a wee bit more description in the rules. As Special Agents are broken and do nothing ingame right now, how about repairing those features (whatever they may be) or add something to them for the time being. My Special Agents have been standing around doing nothing for is it 48 turns. Diplomats should be more important than just a production booster see Diplomacy Repair above.

5) Religion:

Huh...Oookay...we have these Priests, that seem to pray to Gods, that we've apparently found shrines to. But who are they? What does it mean that we gain a lot of favor with all the types of Gods? What if we don't want favor with a "dark" god cause we see ourselves as good guys? This need a wee bit of explanation in the rules.

6) Rulebook Revision

The rules need a major overhaul to reflect the changes as well as the reality of the game.

7) Stability/Colonial Status Report:

There are installations that affect stability. What is this? Can it be listed on the turn or in a Status Report? I've only seen that extra colonists moved into a popgroup due to high stability once. The turn it was announced and never since despite having maxxed stability increasing installations in all colonial popgroups. Is it broken? Can it be measured? Are there more levels to population that could be measured in a status report? Morale, Religion etc etc?

8) Misc Stuff

Like adding other standing orders than XEXPL to fleets so you see which ones have standing XLFE, XSENS, XSKIM and so on. Adding a note to see which Fleets have legendary characters aboard.

I'm sure there are other items people would like to add as well to this list...

Cheers

/Locklyn

• 1 year later...

Well since it took two years to implement the first post, perhaps you'll see it attended to in 2008-2009? :blush:

Cheers

/Locklyn

• 3 years later...

Those installations are there , and unfortunately they cannot be repaired or dismantled.....all you can do is get some construction materials to the planet and build new installations , and the damaged ones can be used as shrines for the indigenous population .

• 9 years later...

-=BBUUUUUMMMPPP=-

Anything ever come of this?

I recently got my first 2 neutrals, one has pop 19 and growth of 1, not so bad, but the other one has pop of 4 and growth of 0, so can't do anything with it. being able to dismantle or repair the broken Insts would help, these poor natives need help to grow and recover their planet! I'm a "Good Guy (tm)" so would like to assist these poor suffering natives, but am limited in what I can do atm, especially the one with 4 pop and no growth,

Cheers

Gixxer

Edit: Just noticed in another thread that you can import colonists from the rest of your empire, who immediately turn into natives, so no problem. Those broken insts are untidy though, would be nice if we could do something with them 🙂