Rolling Thunder Forums

Ground Combat

Azuth

Have a few questions about Ground Combat, including the use of Legendary Characters, and how its all suppose to work.

Assumptions:

- Fleet #10 is a Troop Transport

- Army #20 is an Army Group I have on my Homeworld (in the A System)

- I also have an Army Officer and Martial Artist attached to Army #20

Now, I'm going to attack a Neutral Colony (in the B System)

I load (EAF) Army Group #20 (entirely) to Fleet #10 and move Fleet #10 to the B System. Lets assume I have a Pop Group# establish: #9999.

Questions:

(1) When I loaded Army Group #20 to Fleet #10, did the Legendary Characters get loaded along with them? I'm assuming they did since they were attached to that Army Group.

(2) When I get to the planet, I know I need to create an Army Group (NEWA), but in the order description is says "During the following turn you could then create an Army. Troops could be transferred down to the new Army later on the same turn that it is created if you like (you choose the ID # for newly-created Armies)." Which order is this? I looked and the closest thing I saw was the OC order, but I don't see any OC to Army Group#, only to Pop Group#. How do I tranfer troops in my Fleet DIRECTLY to an established Army Group?

(3) When I transfer all the Troops to my Army Group, do the Legendary Character go with them or do I have to Assign them to the Army Group (use an order) even though they were part of that Army Group already?

(4) Is there a Default setting for this Army Group once its created or do I need to use ABP to create one first?

(5) Referring to #4, what if I didn't create a ABP and performed an attack (GATK), what will happen? Will the attack go through? Which options will it use?

I trying to get the process set in my mind and on paper, how I would go about Assaulting a Colony using Ground Troops. Thank's for you help. :thumbsup:

Happy Holidays to all! :blink:

It may all be a moot point .. your attack that is. That poor neutral probably doesnt have any defenses at all. I encounted an advanced neutral way way way back on turn #3. i sent in the

troops shortly thereafter and found that they just walked right in with no opposition at all.

I certainly do hope they decided to defend themselves as it may generate a ground battle report

which is something I havent seen yet. I'm betting noone has yet.

BTW this neutral i speak of had 37 pop when i took it over and it now has 60. Still no problems with revolts or rebellion even with no troops or security or anything staiotned there.

President Guztov

CIC Takarran Star Forces

• 14 years later...

what is the latest information on this topic?

On 12/23/2003 at 12:36 PM, Azuth said:

Have a few questions about Ground Combat, including the use of Legendary Characters, and how its all suppose to work.

Assumptions:

- Fleet #10 is a Troop Transport

- Army #20 is an Army Group I have on my Homeworld (in the A System)

- I also have an Army Officer and Martial Artist attached to Army #20

Now, I'm going to attack a Neutral Colony (in the B System)

I load (EAF) Army Group #20 (entirely) to Fleet #10 and move Fleet #10 to the B System. Lets assume I have a Pop Group# establish: #9999.

Questions:

(1) When I loaded Army Group #20 to Fleet #10, did the Legendary Characters get loaded along with them? I'm assuming they did since they were attached to that Army Group.

(2) When I get to the planet, I know I need to create an Army Group (NEWA), but in the order description is says "During the following turn you could then create an Army. Troops could be transferred down to the new Army later on the same turn that it is created if you like (you choose the ID # for newly-created Armies)." Which order is this? I looked and the closest thing I saw was the OC order, but I don't see any OC to Army Group#, only to Pop Group#. How do I tranfer troops in my Fleet DIRECTLY to an established Army Group?

(3) When I transfer all the Troops to my Army Group, do the Legendary Character go with them or do I have to Assign them to the Army Group (use an order) even though they were part of that Army Group already?

(4) Is there a Default setting for this Army Group once its created or do I need to use ABP to create one first?

(5) Referring to #4, what if I didn't create a ABP and performed an attack (GATK), what will happen? Will the attack go through? Which options will it use?

I trying to get the process set in my mind and on paper, how I would go about Assaulting a Colony using Ground Troops. Thank's for you help. :thumbsup:

Happy Holidays to all! :blink:

What is the latest info on this topic?

Is a ABP required before an attack from a newly created army?

If not......what is the default settings of a newly created army that is attacked or is attacking?

The leaders don't get automatically transferred. After you created the new army, you could issue the AC commands to transfer the leaders, use the OC command to offload the divisions to the pop group, use the DIV command to move them from the pop group into the new army, and then issue the GATK. 

51 minutes ago, Sakarissa said:

The leaders don't get automatically transferred. After you created the new army, you could issue the AC commands to transfer the leaders, use the OC command to offload the divisions to the pop group, use the DIV command to move them from the pop group into the new army, and then issue the GATK. 

Yup that will work 10 times out of 10. Good luck although I doubt you will need any. Neutrals don’t usually defend themselves. B)