Rolling Thunder Forums

Galactic Alliances and Unions

Hiver

--- Although at this point, alliances don't mean much more than a standard sharing of "insider" information, I know that many players have started and/or joined up with such alliances. I was wondering if some of the leading empires of these alliances would present to this forum their agendas and ideas for growth of their membership. What do your respective alliances stand for? Just what do you offer your members? What do you expect from them? As an empire who has so far remained politically neutral, I would nonetheless be very interested in listening and learning the political views of other races. What do you think?

;):D:ph34r::(

We are much pleased by your civility and interest in the power structures and alliances of the universe. I feel that we of the Galactic Star League will soon be able to present our Charter and thus make clear what we are and what we stand for. If you have any questions untill then please feel free to contact me in any matters regarding the GSL for now on the following holochannel frequency:

locklyn@kommunicera.umea.se

/Locklyn

:angry: The GSL , has a very active Yahoo mailer where with both our numbers of players and their many empires we cover alot of learned ingame experiences and knowledge. We are a friendly lot, willing to help one another and increase everyones understanding and enjoyment within the game. :woohoo:

THE FOUNDATION

Not just for info exchage. We know wars are coming.

This is not an alliance, this is Foundation, a military, economic, industrial, diplomatic and social formation.

To save the peace...

To protect the freedom...

To keep the faith...

Coming soon with more details...

Open to all races... (One should not be the member to another alliance. ISIS is exception hence that is not an alliance)

Members will be proudly listed on the board !

Edited by Aquilonia

An informal Response to Hiver by Gjor'haan

HIVER: I was wondering if some of the leading empires of these alliances would present to this forum their agendas and ideas for growth of their membership.

GJOR'HAAN: Our people have no formal alliance. There is a small collective of empires who have chosen to worship Gjo'jaol with the same reveration as our Empire. For that they are blessed. Our agenda is simple: to do the will of Gjo'jaol. Membership is a special privilege. We feel that our resources and intelligence is top shelf. We have agents in many places. The Eye of Gjo'jaol is everywhere. Membership is secret at this time. New members will receive a single request to submit to the will of Gjo'jaol once they are physically contacted; refusal will carry consequences.

HIVER: What do your respective alliances stand for?

GJOR'HAAN: To do the will of Gjo'jaol. In return, we receive prophecies that guide us to a greater future. We prevented our extinction through visions. From time to time, we will also prophesize as to future diplomatic events. These are not mere folktales. Our visions always have some truth to them and are carefully collaberated with actual intelligence. However, many people see our prophecies as pure rhetoric; to their own detriment.

HIVER: Just what do you offer your members?

GJOR'HAAN: Vision. The chance to make decisions with greater clarity. Many of our clairvoyants have a stronger handle on the future than our past. Divine guidance, coupled with keen and effective intelligence, make for a strong adversary. We minimalize the element of surprise. We are quite adept at expansion. We have several colonies all brought by force and many fleets on the outer reaches, ready to receive new empires.

HIVER: What do you expect from them?

GJOR'HAAN: Absolute and unequivocal devotion and submission to Gjo'jaol. We would also expect someone outside of our inner circle to win our confidence.

HIVER: As an empire who has so far remained politically neutral, I would nonetheless be very interested in listening and learning the political views of other races. What do you think?

GJOR'HAAN: Politics are far those who lack true vision. We do not tolerate those who create policy using "platforms", "theory" and oft subjective socio-historical analysis. You see, we used the very talent for which we were persecuted to thwart our oppressors. I will continue to urge the leaders of other worlds to follow Gjo'jaol in hopes that all nations will make decisions based upon guaranteed results, rather than the whim and chaos of self-serving, inefficient and 'visionless' leadership.

Hiver, we will never meet in the great reaches of space. Take this advice, for it is specific to you: Have faith in your own understanding above all else. Compromising your secrets will not give you an advantage.

• 2 weeks later...

Isn't Lord Valwyn the leader that is found when you defeat Orion in Master Of Orion 2 video game?...LOL

But seriously, what kind of policy could any alliance have at this point in the game when contact between empires is minimal and the possibility of alliance help is improbable other than information exchange. In the future the Power Pantheon will employ a democratic type of structure for positions within the alliance. Dealing with others outside the alliance will be on a per case basis. There is no war experience to draw from...or for that matter no in-game trading experience either. It's basically wait and see for now.