Rolling Thunder Forums

Player Aids

RTGRuss

The best use of GG's was bootstrapping with ICE-X , since ICE-X is gone in Draco the GG is now just a refueling station and even that is way less useful. It takes forever to refuel a ship of any size by skimming when you are 1 or 2 AP. I just can't devote 10% of ship mass to shuttles. Might be better to drag pop around for fuel distillation facilities.

I just can't imagine how large wars will ever be waged. Fuel consumption was annoying in Andromda but seems to be crippling in Draco. I am hoping Pete has some sort of tech advance up his sleeve that will address this once things get bigger and more advanced.

:cheers:

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Gone are the days of fleets of warships getting sent off on long range pick your mission( enslave,decimate, humiliate or just kick arse). Now the warships need to be backed up with support ships to set up fuel bases resupply depots etc near the front lines. Wars will be logistical nightmares in Draco and might I add great fun!!! :)

Wow, it never occurred to me that Gas Giants could be colonised, or even PMAP'd and GEO'd.. Since their size and atmosphere were listed as --- in the reports, I just assumed they couldn't be used like that. Time to go back to all those GG containing systems with my planet mappers :-)

Yup they can although I wouldn't waste orders on PMAP'ing them. They are all pretty much the same terrain wise. Lots like PMAP'ing an asteroid belt. They also have the same resources in varying quantities which if memory serves includes geothermal potential, gasous elements,rare elements, industrial chemicals and I think radioactive elements. Definitely very useful if your race can colonize it without too much trouble. I suspect that ANY race will be able too in Draco but they will need to invest in technology that will allow construction of reasonably advanced installations.

The importance of improved and advanced fuel are very important in drones which can help balance out the fighter tree if you do both trees. I personally do all orders on all planets. However, if you want to save orders when colonizing a gas giant only do the csv and geo. The csv will tell you if you need to do a pmap and this is rare. A gas giant base helps to give you a 100 percent gain when skimming for fuel. My support fleets for fuel will only travel two systems before returning to their bases.

I hate to bust your bubble The Fremen but the higher end drone require Advanced Fuel

Colossus Drone:<-------Advanced Fuel

Invader Drone::<-------Advanced Fuel

Siege Drone:<--------Improved Fuel

Titan Drone:<-------Advanced Fuel

Cyclops Drone:<-------Advanced Fuel

Terminator Drone:<-------Advanced Fuel

• 4 weeks later...

Yup they can although I wouldn't waste orders on PMAP'ing them. They are all pretty much the same terrain wise. Lots like PMAP'ing an asteroid belt. They also have the same resources in varying quantities which if memory serves includes geothermal potential, gasous elements,rare elements, industrial chemicals and I think radioactive elements. Definitely very useful if your race can colonize it without too much trouble. I suspect that ANY race will be able too in Draco but they will need to invest in technology that will allow construction of reasonably advanced installations.

Hi, just got my first few PMAPs and GEOs from a couple of GGs. Interesteing :-) I agree that once I've PMAP'd a couple of them probably no need to PMAP any more, except for finding out the axial tilt. Colonising looks to be a bit difficult, with the temperature being 2000K, (especially as I am a cold world race, my comfort zone is 0 to 89k - 159k with DCHs) I'll try a small (100 pop) colony with a subterranean city, see how that goes. I've not tried colonizing any worlds outside my temperature comfort zone, so i don't know how much effect temperature has on attrition. Hardly seems worth the effort of a Deep Core Heatsink, the improvement barely makes a dent in the required amount. The Rare elements are worth having, if I can get a colony big enough to mine decent quantites :-)

Been playing this for 4 or 5 years or so, and I'm still learning :-)

Cheers,

Gixxer

Pmaping GGs become necessary if you are receiving extraordinary losses and it is not apparent what the problem might be. I only have had one that falls into that category but its not really an issue. I also put every type of installation on planets that are not perfect to get the stacking bonuses. However, I have been spending about 60 orders removing different installations this turn because they do not do anything. .

I would like to know about the info on the Asteroid belts. It says "How “rich” the planet is in terms of exploration. This is a set hidden value. Gas Giants and Asteroids seem to be exploration-poor". This comes from the General SuperNova Advice Draco Galaxy.

My findings so far indicate 15 out of 21 tries. Approximately 74 percent. Does your info show a lower chance. I agree with Gas giants. I am 0 out of 60 tries.

I was wondering if anyone has ever found anything on a gas giant?

PS. I have the summer off and am really bored. I do use your supplements a lot. Thanks for them by the way.

This needs a correction for the General SuperNova Advice Draco Galaxy.

"Locating Homeworlds

Ultimately, the purpose of a war is to capture the other player’s homeworld. Before you do that, you have to find it. Here a few tricks that may help.

Note the location of all fleets encountered. If you battle a fleet, you get to see how much fuel they have left. You may be able to work back a likely course by the types of jumps they could have made.

Remember that, although a pathfinder can’t survey a C class warp point of higher, other ships could have cleared the way."

Actually path finders in a Nexus depending on government type for leaders can get up to an E not a C.