Rolling Thunder Forums

Mental Powers

Locklyn

Is anyone else besides me curious about what all those points we sunk into level 4 mental powers are good for besides building mental MDDs? Apparently it does nada with our special talent forces, and we don't get any special buildings or even clues to special buildings. We don't know if it affects any modifiers of any sorts so what does it do? Mind you, I still can't build an electric fence to keep the rabid sheep out of the launch pad facility so maybe I shouldn't be asking B)

/Locklyn

I only chose level 1 in all three. Wanted the ability but didn't want to spend everything on it. I did however notice the warning that having the ability and not developing it is actually worse than not having it all. That makes it a all or nothing enterprise. If I indeed meet someone else with them I will hope for the best. Close combat is not my forte anyway.

I too am disappointed that the only mental power based tech is MDD's so far. I am hoping to find something else, but it appears to be a vain hope. The biggest benefit so far is increased success in explore orders and a slight research benefit. I am just glad I didin't take them all. :angry:

Would have been nice to know something after 20 turns...

/Locklyn

Locklyn, this is just a guess but i would think that research into improved items that allow you to build special talents ie improved black market goods improved luxury items etc plus 2nd gen Social and

psychology might just might yield something. Just a guess mind you. :( I myself have only reached the 3rd generation of MDD bombs and Im not too thrilled about the lack of any other abilites as well