Rolling Thunder Forums

Pirates of the Caribbean

Lotix1417

I had the pleasure to see the Pirate movie last night and think that this movie was better than the latest round of Star Wars, Terminator 3 and Lord of the Rings.

While not a science-fiction movie, I think it set the bar very high for future action movies. The characters were awesome. A definite must-see for action adventure fans everywhere :o

And to go along with the movie, here is a special Pirate ergonomic keyboard:

http://defectiveyeti.com/archives/000690.html

-Lotix1417

Cargus,

It's not that LotR was bad, but rather that Pirates was better. Character development was awesome in Pirates.

-Lotix1417

I'm glad to hear some "thumb's up" for the Pirate movie. I was hesitant to go see it as some of the clips seemed rather cartoonish or childish. So many trailers now show ALL of the good scenes from the movie that I thought if that's the case with this one, and I just saw all the best scenes, I think I'll skip this one. Now I'm excited to go see it!!!

I thought Pirates was excellent as well and in my humble opinion, reminded me of the original Mummy in its tongue in cheek, campy humor mixed with action. Difference of course being that Geoofrey Rush and Johnny Depp are great actors. Johnny Depp stole the movie as far as I am concerned. His rendition of Jack Sparrow was fabulous. Rush was awesome as well..:angry:

BUT... better than LOTR? :beer:

Uhhhhhhh nooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo

:(

Mark

Pirates was good fun movie, but if you go expecting to see a serious gritty Pirate movei you will be disapointed. Still I enjoyed it and will probably pick it up when it comes out in DVD. However better than the two towers??? not a chance. :angry: Now If I can only find the time I will go see League of Extroditnary Gentlemen. (next on my list). There have been too many "must See" movies this summer

Gary

:angry: Well I took my GF to see PotC on saturday and we both loved it. Our only complaint, was that we both felt that Johnny D. was far too young to play that former captain of the Ghost ship. Remembed it was lost by him some 10 yrs earlier, so he should be in his early 40's to really pull it off.

Other than that it was ok... :(

Penn

Loved the movie, but gotta agree. Johnny D is TOO young to pull off the part of former captain of the ship...didn't appear near tough enough for the job either, actually <_< It was a good movie all in all though...hadn't seen a good swashbuckler in a while :huh:

Galreth

DWillard,

My comparison of it to the Mummy did not include the disclaimer that it should have....

Johnny Depp and Geoffrey Rush are fabulous actors and lifted PotC to a height that the Mummy could not reach on the backs its cast.

Now back to your regularly scheduled galactic programming..

Mark