Rolling Thunder Forums

any other ANZ that someone wants ot make public?

athonian

Club

A crude but effective melee weapon, often little more than a stick with a large knobbyend, used to bash in the skulls of one's opponents in hand-to-hand combat. Sure, it sounds lousy, but if you've ever been cornered by a pack of tentacled aliens who are trying to invade your home planet, a knobby stick sure beats having no weapon at all. This is a ground combat technology item and cannot be produced directly; instead, possessing this technology affects the capabilities of your existing forces.

Close Combat: Poor

Mk II Club

A crude but effective dance hall, often little more than a wooden floor with a large dj booth and a bar, used to pick up the opposite sex (assuming your race has one) and to engage in hand-to-hand maneuvers. Sure, it sounds lousy, but if you've ever been cornered by a pack of tentacled aliens who are trying to invade your home planet, a nice Mk II Club to escape too sure beats doing nothing at all. This is a ground facility item and cannot be produced directly; instead, possessing this technology affects the capabilities of your existing population.

Socialization: Poor

And dont forget this one

Title IX

This device is used by lawyers (assuming your race has them) to ensure that the opposite sex of your race have equal access to the sports facilities. Sure, it sounds lousy, but if you've ever been cornered by a pack of tentacled aliens who are trying to invade your home planet, siccing Title IX on them will cause them to withdraw to their home planet where after spawning large numbers of attorneys they will never threaten you again as they will be too busy defending themselves from all of the lawsuits. Of course neither will you threaten them. This is a ground combat technology item and cannot be produced directly; instead, possessing this technology affects the capabilities of your existing forces causing them to quit en masse.

Legal development: High

Racial stability: high

Cardiovascular fitness: declining

Prerequisites: 6G Social Engineering, 4G Legal Systems, 6G Psychiatry

(Sorry Kurrasier <_< )

(For those of you who are from countries other then America, Title IX states that women in universities will have equal access to sports facilities. I am not saying that this is a good or bad thing but it has spawned a number of lawsuits. Oh and I am not a lawyer nor am I involved in any way with college level sports or colleges for that matter.)

And dont forget this one

Title IX

This device is used by lawyers (assuming your race has them) to ensure that the opposite sex of your race have equal access to the sports facilities. Sure, it sounds lousy, but if you've ever been cornered by a pack of tentacled aliens who are trying to invade your home planet, siccing Title IX on them will cause them to withdraw to their home planet where after spawning large numbers of attorneys they will never threaten you again as they will be too busy defending themselves from all of the lawsuits. Of course neither will you threaten them. This is a ground combat technology item and cannot be produced directly; instead, possessing this technology affects the capabilities of your existing forces causing them to quit en masse.

Legal development: High

Racial stability: high

Cardiovascular fitness: declining

Prerequisites: 6G Social Engineering, 4G Legal Systems, 6G Psychiatry

(Sorry Kurrasier <_< )

(For those of you who are from countries other then America, Title IX states that women in universities will have equal access to sports facilities. I am not saying that this is a good or bad thing but it has spawned a number of lawsuits. Oh and I am not a lawyer nor am I involved in any way with college level sports or colleges for that matter.)

:taz::taz::cheers:

You are going to have to explain that one to me...

What kind of lawsuits could possibly come from this?

Every race has to have lawyers!  I bet even Krellnet has them, somewhere  :taz:

Actually, no. One of the advantages of a telepathic hive-mind is that we always know what everyone else has done, is doing, or is thinking of doing. While we understand the need for lonely minds to keep track of each other, we thankfully have no such profession.

Unfortunately, we also have NO explorers and NO scientists after over a year of a theoretical 5% chance per turn of each one. We have the same theoretical percentage for "martial artists", though, and wee have three or four of them. We haven't yet determined what nectar supply their dance moves are pointing at, but given their phenomenal discipline (they've been known to shut out the hive mind for hours at a time) we know it's something good. <_<

lol

i'm amused...

anyways abotu title IX its more related to colleges and high schools. colleges have to give equal amounts of money to male and female sports... so universities with especially strong football teams like u of m for example offer huge scholarships to high skilled students to play football at their school. however, they must offer equivalent scholarships to women who come to the school for female sports...

soewmthign to tahtr extent. the issue with title IX is that it makes schools limit their support of their main school sport in favor of other less popular sports and this is viewed unfair to the school sometimes.

i frankly don't care. i was on quizbowl and i wa on jv soccer for one year. =P never really cared for sports. =P

well i do liek tae kwon do. and i'm pretty good at it... but thats not a school sport =P

Every race has to have lawyers!  I bet even Krellnet has them, somewhere  :huh:

Actually, no. One of the advantages of a telepathic hive-mind is that we always know what everyone else has done, is doing, or is thinking of doing. While we understand the need for lonely minds to keep track of each other, we thankfully have no such profession.

Unfortunately, we also have NO explorers and NO scientists after over a year of a theoretical 5% chance per turn of each one. We have the same theoretical percentage for "martial artists", though, and wee have three or four of them. We haven't yet determined what nectar supply their dance moves are pointing at, but given their phenomenal discipline (they've been known to shut out the hive mind for hours at a time) we know it's something good. :ninja:

Creativity and Telepathy must be mutually exclusive.

You are going to have to explain that one to me...

What kind of lawsuits could possibly come from this?

I think Athonian caught the drift of why there are lawsuits. If you don't spend equal amounts on men and women's sports, you get sued. As I said I have no dog in this fight but I am aware this has created some issues with some college sports that are not big money (like American football and basketball).

Actually IMHO Title IX has been good for women's sports in the US and I believe is a major reason why American women do so well in International sporting events versus the relative performance of American men. (There are other reasons of course.)

soewmthign to tahtr extent.

I think we know where Kahless's bloodwine shipment wound up. <_<