Rolling Thunder Forums

Pop Growth rate

Prospective

Hi all,

Got a general question that I was pondering as I'm working on my turn. It seems like a major limitation to expansion will be lack of POPs to do everything that is needed.

So, I have the following questions:

1) Will the growth rate that I currently have ever change spontaneously, or is that "set in concrete" throughout the game?

2) Are there any technologies out there that will improve growth the growth rate?

3) I've heard bits and pieces of "Cloning Centers" but never anything definitive. Do they exist? Can they be developed?

4) What about the Genetics path of research? Will that lead to an improved growth rate? Or will that lead to modifications that I can do to my POPs (similar to the options chosen at the racial setup)?

As always, thanks.

Hi all,

Got a general question that I was pondering as I'm working on my turn.  It seems like a major limitation to expansion will be lack of POPs to do everything that is needed.

So, I have the following questions:

1)  Will the growth rate that I currently have ever change spontaneously, or is that "set in concrete" throughout the game?

2)  Are there any technologies out there that will improve growth the growth rate?

3)  I've heard bits and pieces of "Cloning Centers" but never anything definitive.  Do they exist?  Can they be developed?

4)  What about the Genetics path of research?  Will that lead to an improved growth rate?  Or will that lead to modifications that I can do to my POPs (similar to the options chosen at the racial setup)?

As always, thanks.

1) It is always the same.

2) Yes, you have Imperial Medical Centers and Cloning Centers and maybe who knows...

3) Yes, they do. But you need a 4th and a 5th generation horizon tech. So that can take a very long time.

4) The genetics path lead to Spicies Engineering. There you get points that you can use to enhance your race with a higher growth rate. You need 2nd Generation Spicies Engineering to accumulate enough points to buy it though. And that can take a lot of time too...

You are welcome. :blush:

Edited by crossroads

wait u can manufacture populaiton?

More or less. Manufacture RH&S for ][10, turn it into Imp Pharmaceuticals for ][23 more, then CON Imperial Medical Centers (5k Imp Pharm, or ][165000 total) until you have 1 for every 100 population. :thumbsup:

Cheaper than researching Species Engineering for right now.

Of course, we're doing both. :)

More or less. Manufacture RH&S for ][10, turn it into Imp Pharmaceuticals for ][23 more, then CON Imperial Medical Centers (5k Imp Pharm, or ][165000 total) until you have 1 for every 100 population. :thumbsup:

Hmmm. I have Improved Pharmaceuticals and some RH&S hanging around. But I do not have the Imperial Medical Centers on my installation list. I had assumed I needed higher Generation Medical to get them. Is my assumption still correct? (at 2G Medical Science at present.)

Octus Imperium

Hmmm. I have Improved Pharmaceuticals and some RH&S hanging around. But I do not have the Imperial Medical Centers on my installation list. I had assumed I needed higher Generation Medical to get them. Is my assumption still correct? (at 2G Medical Science at present.)

Octus Imperium

You need 3rd Medical.

Octus Imperium

You need 3rd Medical.

As suspected. Thanks! (Glad it is a relatively quick research goal. Recently ran out of SRP's.....<sob>)

Octus

FYI - I have recently (through species engineering) been able to bring my 'brain in jar' empire from poor -> average -> excellent reproductive rate.

At poor - rate was .04%

At average - rate was .08%

At excellent - rate is .12%

Imperial medical centers had no significant effect - Pete informed and agrees

We do not yet have Cloning Centers.

Jack

That's not something we have to worry about right now. Pity we're not closer; we have in the neighborhood of 6M ConMats sitting idle on the HW from our InfrEx project (the other half of our production is dismantling ICs and Stripmines to build the improved versions of each).

Yes, we're pretty well ignoring ships right now, since we have so many already out there doing what needs to be done.