Rolling Thunder Forums

Warp Point Survey

Hughestrog

The list of surveyed WPs is correct. I have the same problem - one of the WPs I have surveyed appears in both lists. I believe there is a minor bug in the program and have notified Pete. Pete said he will run a fix to weed out WPs which are being misreported in empire's unsurveyed lists.

So I can still use the surveyed warp points then?

Yes you can - if it's in the Warp Points Surveyed list, then you can go through it.

We understand that the Imperial Astronomical Report glitch occurs if you SURV the WP before SS'ng the system, so to keep it tidier it's probably best to SS, then SURV.

Chief Planner to Ur-Lord Tedric

This little bug has cropped up on my turns as well. BUT... the SN Entry program which gets its

data from the MDB.file always tracks properly with regards to these warp points. What I usually do to make sure is enter a MOVE order and its lists the warp points that have been surveyed.

But both surveyed with name and unsurvey (but really surveyed) with only class.

Happens, if you do a SS after surveying a WP.

Cestvel

Glad I do SS before SURV as a routine. However, I have three WPs that are listed as unsurveyed, but I use them regularly. They are the WP's out of my home system. Cropped up some 10 turns ago, I think. Makes for initial confusion, but I'd rather see enhancements in the programming versus fixing this (little) reporting bug. If I found I could not use these WPs, that would be another story! :beer:

Octus

I've seen the turn sheet for a brand new empire and the HW warp points were listed in the unsurveyed w.p. section.

It does seem that the SS order 'resets' w.p.'s to unsurveyed.  Though they are still usable, or I think we'd have heard about this issue long before now.    :thumbsup:

-LX

Exactly. In the drop down list I get 123 to Alpha, 456 to Beta, 789 to Gamma, 123 to ???, 456 to ??? and 789 to ???. As well as 123, 456, 789 on the WP surveyed list and the same WPs on the unsurveyed list. Confusing, but all WP's out of the home system are functional. But I have NOT selected 123 to ??? as an experiment and will not do so. Who knows what bug I may awaken?!?

Octus

You can select any of these, as they put only the WP number in the outgoing file.

But it is a bit disturbing, if you are doing a SURV order.

Cestvel

I still have LOTS of systems listed on the Unsurveyed Warp Points AND appear on the drop down boxes as unsurveyed through the .MDB files. Whats funny is that the same Warp Points show up on the drop down boxes as surveyed on the same .MDB file.

It hasn't really bothered me. I know whats surveyed and sort of glance over the misleading reports.

We've sacked the administrator responsible for the "Unsurveyed Warp Points" report without much change in the result I'm afraid.

Its like losing the one sock.....some things we must yield to in this life.

I still have LOTS of systems listed on the Unsurveyed Warp Points AND appear on the drop down boxes as unsurveyed through the .MDB files.  Whats funny is that the same Warp Points show up on the drop down boxes as surveyed on the same .MDB file.

Hmmm, perhaps there's another reason for that happening???? :thumbsup:

Chief Existentialist to Ur-Lord Tedric