Rolling Thunder Forums

Trying to make them breed......

Sakarissa

I've had a primitive neutral in my empire for close to 50 turns and the 8 population hasn't changed in all that time. I finally got around to dropping some conmats and improved pharmaceuticals for a power source and one Imperial Medical Center. While the turn results stated that the center aided in growth there, they still haven't produced a single new population. I'm hesitant to build more centers since it is a 1/100 building. Has anyone else had this problem with neutered neutrals?

Sakarissa :blush:

As far as Imperial Medical Centers, I have seen no evidence that they improve pop growth on my HW, colonies, or former neutrals.

I do not know what you are doing wrong but i have seen a nice increase of the popgrowth on my homeworld.

As have we. And we're only just over halfway to the 1/100 mark.

Imperial medical centers are 1/100.  I have more than 1 per 100 on the colonies and neutrals.  No joy.  So aside from having the required number of installations, what more is required? 

Is there some form of wisdom that the all knowing Crossroads can offer?

Without being able to CSV the Neutral World from "their" perspective, I couldn't begin to tell you what is inhibiting their growth.

Neutrals need a minimum number of pop to grow normally. If you don't have enough pop you can try different intallations and occasionally you get some migration. After enough migration you will likely get spontaneous pop growth.

On the other hand, even a 50 pop neutral is pretty useless unless it is in just the right spot.

:blush:

I believe that they do. However, Pete explained to me that if you convert them into colonists they become *your* race. That's if I understood him correctly. There are times when I have more questions after speaking to him than I did before.

Lord Uriel

I believe that they do. However, Pete explained to me that if you convert them into colonists they become *your* race. That's if I understood him correctly. There are times when I have more questions after speaking to him than I did before.

And yet they do not suffer the ill effects from their planetary environment that your race does. Because of this I thought that Pete's comment only meant that they adopted your racial characteristics when they were taken off their home planet.

And yet they do not suffer the ill effects from their planetary environment that your race does. Because of this I thought that Pete's comment only meant that they adopted your racial characteristics when they were taken off their home planet.

That's the impression I got. My question at the time was if I could take a neutral from one world that was hostile to my life form and place it on another planet that was similiar to the nuetral's. That was when I was told that neutrals *become* your race. I hope that makes sense.

Lord Uriel

So, here's a thought. Since it appears that if you convert the existing neutral pops to colonists (I assume using an CTRN order), they become "your" population. If that's true, then do a CTRN on the existing neutral pops, LC them into a colony berth and then OC them back to the original pop center. Since they are now "your" pops, I would expet them to grow at the minimum of 1 pop per turn...

Of course, since they are now "your" pops and subject to your environmental requirements, I assume that they would suffer attrition accordingly (just my guess cause I've not tried this). So, if they are on a world that would be normally a high attrition world, this may not work too well.

Steve