Rolling Thunder Forums

ANZ'ing

Prospective

A question about ANZ'ing things. I have some ships set to XEXPL every turn. Some of the results have produced tangible goods and some have produced advances in knowledge.

I understand that if I bring those tangible goods to a pop center with research facilities, I can ANZ that item. BUT, can I do an ANZ on an item that is not tangible (eg: a knowledge advance)?

Or is that impossible to do? I have an extra order or two that I'm not sure what to do with and thought I might ANZ if there was a benefit to it (I can always NAME some special characters too I guess).

Thanks.

A question about ANZ'ing things.  I have some ships set to XEXPL every turn.  Some of the results have produced tangible goods and some have produced advances in knowledge.

I understand that if I bring those tangible goods to a pop center with research facilities, I can ANZ that item.  BUT, can I do an ANZ on an item that is not tangible (eg: a knowledge advance)?

Or is that impossible to do?  I have an extra order or two that I'm not sure what to do with and thought I might ANZ if there was a benefit to it (I can always NAME some special characters too I guess).

Thanks.

You can ANZ everything that is mentioned on your researchable items.

A question about ANZ'ing things.  I have some ships set to XEXPL every turn.  Some of the results have produced tangible goods and some have produced advances in knowledge.

I understand that if I bring those tangible goods to a pop center with research facilities, I can ANZ that item.  BUT, can I do an ANZ on an item that is not tangible (eg: a knowledge advance)?

Or is that impossible to do?  I have an extra order or two that I'm not sure what to do with and thought I might ANZ if there was a benefit to it (I can always NAME some special characters too I guess).

Thanks.

You can ANZ everything that is mentioned on your researchable items.

As for explores, you can only analyze actual items that you find. You cannot analyze knowledge. So, lets say you gain some insight into NWTX-4000 Planetcrackers. Can't analyze that (the early game bug where you could try to do that and get something backl was corrected by Pete, darn his efficency).

However, now that you know it's ou there, you can try to guess what sorts of advances you need in order to get to the Planetcrackers (we're thinking baking soda, flour, water, and the Mk MXMXCII Really Big Oven) and point your RCs in that direction.

However, now that you know it's ou there, you can try to guess what sorts of advances you need in order to get to the Planetcrackers (we're thinking baking soda, flour, water, and the Mk MXMXCII Really Big Oven) and point your RCs in that direction.

I am just shocked. Shocked I say. That the Kraan know of weapons just shatters all that I knew about this piece loving insect race. :ninja:

I am just shocked. Shocked I say. That the Kraan know of weapons just shatters all that I knew about this piece loving insect race. :ninja:

I always suspected Krelnett of being one of those speak softly and carrying a big thermo nuclear stick sort of bug.

:ninja:

What weapons? We tow planetcrackers behind our ships for long-range foodstores. Both our Saltine and Ritz versions are wonderful with larva food (what you call 'honey')

Hah!!! You are the one behind the destruction of many planets made of baking soda and flour. I knew it. Peace-loving indeed. More like piece-loving. Like a piece of planetcracker please. :ninja: