Rolling Thunder Forums

SRPs

Eldred

I seem to remember a thread some time ago (too lazy to find it!) which discussed the mechanics of SRPs. I believe the consensus was...

If you use SRPs to buy say Improved Steel (standard research period of 12 turns) then this will actually cost you only 11 SRPs as 1 turn of research is done on the item on the turn in question.

Well, I have now run out of SRPs a little earlier than I calculated which leaves a number of possibilities:-

1) The theory is wrong, and in the above case the true cost is 12 SRPs

2) RTG forgot to give me my bonus of 24 SRPs last year (unlikely)

3) RTG didn't give me the correct number of SRPs in the first place (don't think so)

4) I have miscalculated the "standard research periods" for certain items (possibly - I have based my calculations on the 12, 24, 36 formula)

5) I can't add up (I have checked the figures a few times and I'm sure they're right - famous last words!)

Can anyone help me out here? :)

I seem to remember a thread some time ago (too lazy to find it!) which discussed the mechanics of SRPs. I believe the consensus was...

If you use SRPs to buy say Improved Steel (standard research period of 12 turns) then this will actually cost you only 11 SRPs as 1 turn of research is done on the item on the turn in question.

Well, I have now run out of SRPs a little earlier than I calculated which leaves a number of possibilities:-

3) RTG didn't give me the correct number of SRPs in the first place (don't think so)

4) I have miscalculated the "standard research periods" for certain items (possibly - I have based my calculations on the 12, 24, 36 formula)

5) I can't add up (I have checked the figures a few times and I'm sure they're right - famous last words!)

Can anyone help me out here?

I believe that number three may be incorrect. I believe that the number is 3, 12, 27, 48.

That is what I am assuming for tracking my SRPs anyway.

Can anyone help me out here?

I believe that number three may be incorrect. I believe that the number is 3, 12, 27, 48.

That is what I am assuming for tracking my SRPs anyway.

Interesting, I don't know where I got 24 from - this might explain things. Are we sure about 27 though?

Interesting, I don't know where I got 24 from - this might explain things. Are we sure about 27 though?

No I am not sure. I am basing my estimates on the square of the generation times 3 so if that is correct then 27. So far it has matched my experience but I am still tracking the data and gathering statistics to determine the actual value.

No I am not sure. I am basing my estimates on the square of the generation times 3 so if that is correct then 27. So far it has matched my experience but I am still tracking the data and gathering statistics to determine the actual value.

27 is it, at least for the adequate stuff I have researched. But there are some item

that seem not to be on the 3, 12, 27, ... row.

Cestvel

27 is it, at least for the adequate stuff I have researched. But there are some item

I have heard that as well Cestvel but I do not have any experience with any techs that are on the other row.

There is only one real anomaly that we know of and that is Advanced Fuel - which was made 18.

Probably to get those Transwarp Drive thingy's a tad quicker.... :)

Chief Planner to Ur-Lord Tedric

I have heard that as well Cestvel but I do not have any experience with any techs that are on the other row.

There is only one real anomaly that we know of and that is Advanced Fuel - which was made 18.

Probably to get those Transwarp Drive thingy's a tad quicker.... :oops:

Chief Planner to Ur-Lord Tedric

Thankyou all...that's another misconception cleared up! :)

Just one more thing...the numbers just about add up now, but whilst we are on the subject what is the standard research period for the following items...

1st Gen Cybernetics (27?)

Advanced Bionics (27?)

1st Gen Civil Admin (27?)

Cheers

I am currently researching the last two and they appear to be 27 round items although I will not know for sure until I complete them. However, I do not know what the cost is for 1G Cybernetics.

Just one more thing...the numbers just about add up now, but whilst we are on the subject what is the standard research period for the following items...

1st Gen Cybernetics (27?)

Advanced Bionics (27?)

1st Gen Civil Admin (27?)

Cheers

I am currently researching the last two and they appear to be 27 round items although I will not know for sure until I complete them. However, I do not know what the cost is for 1G Cybernetics.

Thanks, I "bought" the last two so I am was not entirely sure what they had cost me in SRPs.