Rolling Thunder Forums

ORB results

Eldred

I track all my EXPL hits in a spreadsheet so I was surprised to find that when I recently did an ORB order (to see how extensively I had explored the planet) that the list of "Special exploration discoveries spotted" contained a number of additional finds.

I am guessing that this is because my exploration teams may have "found" research information on a tech which I already know and it therefore hasn't been reported as a "hit" at the time.

Any ideas?

I had ORB'd my HW early on, which revealed a number of things. After doing several EXPL missions I ORB'd it again to see how much it's exploration status had degraded. To my surprise I found a radioactive Geothermal Coretap Station that wasn't reported on the previous ORB.

When I looked back at the EXPL missions, one of them had returned some Fuel Shuttles, and had also discovered the radioactive Geothermal Coretap Station.

Could it be that you missed it in one of the EXPL reports?

I had ORB'd my HW early on, which revealed a number of things. After doing several EXPL missions I ORB'd it again to see how much it's exploration status had degraded. To my surprise I found a radioactive Geothermal Coretap Station that wasn't reported on the previous ORB.

When I looked back at the EXPL missions, one of them had returned some Fuel Shuttles, and had also discovered the radioactive Geothermal Coretap Station.

Could it be that you missed it in one of the EXPL reports?

No, I actually had 2 ORB results with similar characteristics this turn, one had 4 "undiscovered" installations. I have double checked my EXPL results and the anomalies are still there. Definitely something to do with the program I think.

No, I actually had 2 ORB results with similar characteristics this turn, one had 4 "undiscovered" installations. I have double checked my EXPL results and the anomalies are still there. Definitely something to do with the program I think.

That or someone other than you has done some exploration on that planet

That or someone other than you has done some exploration on that planet

Interesting idea, I think that's unlikely though - certainly hope so, bit too close to home :blink:

You likely found an installation but failed the chance to find somethign actually useful like items, star map or research bonus.   <_<

That's what I was thinking - I presume that this would show up as a "nothing of interest was found, etc" report on the turn sheet. I just wondered if anyone could corroborate this?

Ok, I have just double checked all my EXPL for the world in question - 21 hits from 38, all of which are recorded accurately, yet the ORB shows the following which I have no knowledge of:-

a ruined Fuel Refinery

a spectacular Grand Cathedral dedicated to Yamal the Lawgiver

an abandoned Terraforming Station

Before anyone asks I have also checked if any of my other fleets aren't also exploring the same world, and I'm 100% sure that we haven't been visited by an alien empire yet!

I was wondering about another possibility...if a position drops early on then could the start position be re-used (and previous research on that world not be reset)?

Come on Pete, I know this is pretty insignificant stuff, but I'd be delighted to know what's going on here :blink:

Starting to get fed up with this...we ORBed the homeworld this turn and found 5 additional installations we hadn't picked up. Starting to wonder if the EXPL order isn't broken in some way - we've had no hits on the HW for 3 turns now, yet someone is finding all this other stuff :drunk:

You likely found an installation but failed the chance to find somethign actually useful like items, star map or research bonus.   :cheers:

That's what I was thinking - I presume that this would show up as a "nothing of interest was found, etc" report on the turn sheet. I just wondered if anyone could corroborate this?

Ok, I have just double checked all my EXPL for the world in question - 21 hits from 38, all of which are recorded accurately, yet the ORB shows the following which I have no knowledge of:-

a ruined Fuel Refinery

Before anyone asks I have also checked if any of my other fleets aren't also exploring the same world, and I'm 100% sure that we haven't been visited by an alien empire yet!

I was wondering about another possibility...if a position drops early on then could the start position be re-used (and previous research on that world not be reset)?

Come on Pete, I know this is pretty insignificant stuff, but I'd be delighted to know what's going on here :ranting:

Ok, this is a little embarrasing. :drunk:

Our newbie production queues are so messed up that we've had people building structures on half the galaxy's worlds for several turns now. The really embarrasing part is that they don't have the tech for the stuff they're building, so the product is often mistaken for 'ruins'. :ranting:

Sorry about that. If you could just tell my crews ... well, nevermind, we don't really want them back. :cheers:

I have not seen any indication of the EXPL system being broken. I have been getting a steady stream of these since I first set up my EXPL ships. But then then I did design an explorerrace.

Starting to get fed up with this...we ORBed the homeworld this turn and found 5 additional installations we hadn't picked up. Starting to wonder if the EXPL order isn't broken in some way - we've had no hits on the HW for 3 turns now, yet someone is finding all this other stuff  :drunk:

You likely found an installation but failed the chance to find somethign actually useful like items, star map or research bonus.   :cheers:

a ruined Fuel Refinery

Come on Pete, I know this is pretty insignificant stuff, but I'd be delighted to know what's going on here :ranting:

Eldred- you're sure there isn't another race lurking about your HW?