Rolling Thunder Forums

Update on Lumeria

CLEernest

This is am message to Lumeria and any who have contact with him. Do you know if he is still playing. He has not responded to any of my messages and has not moved his fleet in many turns.

To Lumeria:

If you do not respond to this post in any way by next turn we will assume you have dropped and use your now nuetral fleets for target practice.

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Greetings,

I am here. I have found the communication channel that you supplied to be non-functioning most of the time. My ships have not moved much due to fuel and other logistics issues. I will mount a rescue mission, but it may take sometime. Please refrain from any hostilities, as such an act would be viewed in less then favorable light.

We are a peaceful race, unless provoked. Our curiosity drives us to explore the far corners of the galaxy. Unfortunately in our enthusiasm to explore, we ran out of gas. :blink: Still, I hardly think a stranded exploration vessel constitutes much of a threat, and it certainly is not the intent. The ire of the Lumerian people would indeed be raised if these crews "became" target practice.

Please don't take this the wrong way, but we Lumerians are a proud and noble people, and we will defend our sovereignty and property vehemently. I will rescue my people as soon as I can, please leave them be.

In the end, I can be a valuable ally, or a formidable enemy. The choice is yours.

-Lumeria

Ha now for the real question. Is this the "real" Lumeria or is it someone playnig games. No ID, A first time poster? Things that make you go HMMMMMMM.

:blink:

Greetings,

I am here.  I have found the communication channel that you supplied to be non-functioning most of the time.  My ships have not moved much due to fuel and other logistics issues.  I will mount a rescue mission, but it may take sometime.  Please refrain from any hostilities, as such an act would be viewed in less then favorable light. 

We are a peaceful race, unless provoked.  Our curiosity drives us to explore the far corners of the galaxy.  Unfortunately in our enthusiasm to explore, we ran out of gas.  :D Still, I hardly think a stranded exploration vessel constitutes much of a threat, and it certainly is not the intent.  The ire of the Lumerian people would indeed be raised if these crews "became" target practice.

Please don't take this the wrong way, but we Lumerians are a proud and noble people, and we will defend our sovereignty and property vehemently.  I will rescue my people as soon as I can, please leave them be.

In the end, I can be a valuable ally, or a formidable enemy.  The choice is yours.

-Lumeria

I don't know, Lumeria sounds pretty legit to me.  I mean, it all makes sense.  I'd hold off if I were you, and not push him any more.  I'd leave him alone as long as possible.

What was his coat of arms, CLE?

Just out of pure, disinterested curiousity of course.

Regards,

Rathe Federation

Hmmm... I seem to have attracted some attention. Trust me that I am who I say I am, and anyone can Feel free to email me for any conformation details if needed.

It stills seems odd that there is no response from the Shirke. I hope I hear something soon. In any case I have sent a diplomatic message in this upcoming cycle with contact information.

To the Rathe : Do you mock me sir... Please feel free to come visit my section of the galaxy. For purely disinterested reasons of course. :)

-Lumeria

Oooohhh!

And the board could get interesting again.... :)

Situation....

One, as yet unknown, empire finds the Lumerians and is now quietly moving in on their space believing them to be dropped....

Another empire, CLE, then discovers the Lumerians and, after attempts at contact fail, posts here in this thread...

The first empire, realising that their quiet attempt to take over a dropped empire is not yet ready to proceed, quickly creates a board persona as the Lumerians and comes up with plausible reasons why their fleets haven't moved much recently, whilst redoubling their own efforts to move on the Lumerian HW.

So, does this third empire really exist? Does CLE just move in quickly and as fast as he can? Is Lumeria actually dropped, but the original player has started again and still frequents the board and is now wondering about reactivating for some fun???

Oh, it can twist and turn like a twisty turny thing........

And, oh boy, if there was ever a reason to establish an empire's persona in the Empire List as soon as that empire exists, then this is it..... :cheers:

Lumerian life could get very 'interesting' all over a non-existent race to get to their HW before anyone else......

Ahhhh, but the chance to add another G$125,000,000, or so, to the economy may just be too tempting......

Chief Existentialist to Ur-Lord Tedric

The United Republic of Scanners are proud to report that they have established diplomatic relations some time ago with Lumeria and has active dealings with representatives of the Lumerian empire.

The empire is very active (looking at all the sightings report by our fleets).

Kind regards,

The United Republic of Scanners are proud to report that they have established diplomatic relations some time ago with Lumeria and has active dealings with representatives of the Lumerian empire.

The empire is very active (looking at all the sightings report by our fleets).

Kind regards,

The United Republic of Scanners - a candidate for the 3rd empire.....???? :cheers:

Take one large pot - pour in all sorts of extraneous 'evidence' - stir gently.... :)

Now is that formenting, or fermenting?

Chief Existentialist to Ur-Lord Tedric and Celebrity Chef

Greetings Again!

Well we do seem to have a lack of trust amongst the races of the galaxy, and talk about conspiracy theories! :)

I hope you all realize that not everyone actively posts on these forums, and that other, more direct modes of communication do exist. The Shirke have sent diplo messages to me nearly every turn, but the email account on them was bouncing. I was sending him one this turn, when I saw his post, AND different email address.

It seems that some races just want a fight (Witness the Rathe) out of sheer boredom perhaps. I myself am peaceful, BUT will not tolerate any action against Lumerian holdings, and want to make the strength of my position very clear!

If you feel that I am just posturing for "good will", please talk with the Scanners. He and I have endeavored to established a solid relationship based on communication and trust. He is an Honorable Leader of an honorable people.

to the Shirke... We can either continue to let others fuel this nearly out of control fire, and then start throwing 10M ton ships at each other, or we can settle down, work out borders, and look to cooporate.

The Lumerians are prepared for either scenario.

-Lumeria

I believe that Ur-Lord Tedric is bucking for membership in WHAPO.

I have undeniable evidence that the so-called "Tedric" is actually an alien race bent on complete control of the galaxy through evil manipulation of sentient life form's brain waves. :)

Recent dispatches from several ultra-top-secret empires indicate that Tedric is possibley none other than CACAO THE WICKED/NICE GUY/ who knows! Joined in an unholy alliance with Elvis (in his secret hideout) to abolish all forms of sentient self rule. :cheers:

Recent discoveries made in abandoned Cathedral's clearly demonstrate that it was the ancestors of Tedric and his demonic race that brought about the downfall of the T'Ckon (long may they be praised)!

Do not trust the propaganda of Tedric! He spreads his poison so that we may be easier to destroy!

Lord Uriel

Sorry I was slow on the respond. I had no idea the e-mails were bouning. I didn't know what to think. Try continuing diplomatic relations at CLEernest@AOL.com. As for the combat theat,we are also peaceful but iching to tryout plasama torps ina combat situation. Is it possible I may help in refuling your ships? To be honest, however, I have both fuel and economy problems myself.

I would advise constructing warships. I have recently learned of the possible proximity of a very dangerous race. They call themsevels the Imperial Demonic Envelopment. They are a race of bloodthristy, impish demons that will not negotiate and have hundreds, if not thousands, of warships at their disposal. As I recall they are currently at war with the Phenix Empire, but that may be a common name.

To Lumeria: As for us, I think we may benifit from trade. Along with your rescue ships send some more scouts to explore the Crystel system. IOt has many planets and warp points and is a pirme canidate for a trade colony.

Sorry for any typos, it is hard to type with feathers.

I believe that Ur-Lord Tedric is bucking for membership in WHAPO. 

I have undeniable evidence that the so-called "Tedric" is actually an alien race bent on complete control of the galaxy through evil manipulation of sentient life form's brain waves.  :)

Recent dispatches from several ultra-top-secret empires indicate that Tedric is possibley none other than CACAO THE WICKED/NICE GUY/ who knows!  Joined in an unholy alliance with Elvis (in his secret hideout) to abolish all forms of sentient self rule. :cheers:

Recent discoveries made in abandoned Cathedral's clearly demonstrate that it was the ancestors of Tedric and his demonic race that brought about the downfall of the T'Ckon (long may they be praised)!

Do not trust the propaganda of Tedric!  He spreads his poison so that we may be easier to destroy!

Lord Uriel

Ahhh, cruel irony.......

The esteemed Ur-Lord Tedric and the entire Conclave of the Star League, probably the most peacemongering race in the known galaxy, likened to the most wicked and evil....

Lord Uriel, you are cruel and obviously envious...... :cheers:

Here we were, escaping to the game-verse from an intense period generating turnsheet-funding.....

Ah the perils of gentle stirring......

Let's us hope that all who seek it find what they desire and deserve in the realms of the Quincunx Federation :D

Lord High Seneschal to Ur-Lord Tedric - (Having told the Chief Existentialist that his receipe obviously needs refining...)