Rolling Thunder Forums

Improved ANZ Results

RTGPete

I've just made a coding pass on the ANZ order and upgraded it to the Mk II version :)

* Bridge strength will display as an exact number for items that provide fire control
* Range indicators will display for all weapon types (Standoff, Long, Medium, etc).  The word "Beam" happens to be used in this case for a variety of weapons such as lasers, phase shakers, stun beams, spinal incinerators etc - this indicates the standard best-at-deploy-loc 1 range.
* Exact firepower numbers for all weapon damage ratings will display next to the generation indicator (Fair, Poor, etc)
* Exact TAC rating numbers for all ground combat units will display next to the generator indicator  (Fair, Poor, etc)

Note that TAC ratings are comparative, so the values for one TAC area might be much higher or lower than another. The key is how much you have in comparison (as a ratio of your final in-combat value divided by his) to your enemy in each individual TAC rating. You need to have at least one Division that has a rating in a particular TAC area to multiply by technology that you also possess for that area.

Example: to receive a bonus in the Amphibious TAC rating during an actual combat, you would need to have at least one technology with a positive Amphibious rating (Hovercraft tech does nicely here, though it wouldn't hurt to have Tckon Imperial Assault Boat tech :cheers: and at least one Division that possesses Amphibious capability (Imperial Marines Infantry, for instance).

I've just made a coding pass on the ANZ order and upgraded it to the Mk II version :)

* Bridge strength will display as an exact number for items that provide fire control
* Range indicators will display for all weapon types (Standoff, Long, Medium, etc).  The word "Beam" happens to be used in this case for a variety of weapons such as lasers, phase shakers, stun beams, spinal incinerators etc - this indicates the standard best-at-deploy-loc 1 range.
* Exact firepower numbers for all weapon damage ratings will display next to the generation indicator (Fair, Poor, etc)
* Exact TAC rating numbers for all ground combat units will display next to the generator indicator  (Fair, Poor, etc)

Note that TAC ratings are comparative, so the values for one TAC area might be much higher or lower than another.  The key is how much you have in comparison (as a ratio of your final in-combat value divided by his) to your enemy in each individual TAC rating.  You need to have at least one Division that has a rating in a particular TAC area to multiply by technology that you also possess for that area.

Example:  to receive a bonus in the Amphibious TAC rating during an actual combat, you would need to have at least one technology with a positive Amphibious rating (Hovercraft tech does nicely here, though it wouldn't hurt to have Tckon Imperial Assault Boat tech :D and at least one Division that possesses Amphibious capability (Imperial Marines Infantry, for instance).

Hmmm....and just when I've run out of stuff to ANZ, looks like I get to do it all again! :cheers: I presume the only ANZ's that haven't changed are the horizon techs and those for resources?

Given that this new info is pretty important and would cost many of us lots and lots of orders. Could we get a 1 time inclusion of the info in say an RTD order?

Lord SaHeru

I second this!!! To redo all the ANZ's we currently hold would cost 100s of orders. Please can we go with SaHeru's suggestion, otherwise those players in alliances (and those who are so rich that numbers of orders are not an issue) will no doubt gain an advantage over the rest of us! An RTD order only covers what we already know and there will be plenty of ANZs left for RTG to make money out of.

An more viable option would perhaps be to if it is possible in the code, to for one turn discount ANZ orders from the order count, ie all your ANZ would not be counted into the total number of orders. Since this is data that has been missing it seems fair that it should not be costing players any more orders/$

Locklyn

An more viable option would perhaps be to if it is possible in the code, to for one turn discount ANZ orders from the order count, ie all your ANZ would not be counted into the total number of orders. Since this is data that has been missing it seems fair that it should not be costing players any more orders/$

Locklyn

This isn't to bad. Just analyze your main weapons you've researched, do other analyzes over time to fill in your order lists to multiple of 40's for things not in use now, and trade with some others here and there. Before you know it, you'll have everything.

Heck, I've figured most of the firepower by building weapons over time and seeing the amounts listed in battles. What I really neead are the ranges. But even that is not to bad. Analyze a Siege P-Cannon, and I can assume the same data applies (range wise) to the Light, Medium, and Heavy versions. So 100's of orders are not needed. A few well placed analyzes + trading should do the trick.

Heh, I've yet to need to search for orders to fill my multiples of 40, more common is having to cut out orders so as not to land on 240 or 280 orders again <_<

Locklyn