Rolling Thunder Forums

Calling the 2035th

WKE235

A bizarre story from the Apshai Space defense forces. Fleet #431, the 2035th Guard, a Wasp class Corvette, has seemingly disappeared.

-The Fleet appears in the ** Imperial Navy Report: Fleet Summary ** as 2035th Guard # 431, Hahnee (Warp Point 24263), 0 tons.

-There is no listing for the fleet in the detailed FLEET REPORT.

-But strangely, the fleet is listed in the FLEET CARGO REPORT (at 3900 tons, carrying a load of 139 Fuel).

A careful check of reports and records by the Admiralty indicates that everything looked fine for the fleet in the next to last cycle with normal end of cycle reports and contact received. During the last cycle, records show no actions for that fleet .. no movement, no transfers into or out of fleets, no contact with other ships, no battles .. nothing. But with no end of cycle reporting or contact from the ship, appears to have disappeared (except for the tantalizing clue left in the Fleet Cargo report that it may still exist).

Given the suspecious nature of the disappeance, the Admiralty has brought in Investigator Banacek. Renown for solving some of the toughest crimes on the Apshai Homeworld, Banacek has promised to determine why the records are wrong, why doesn't the 2035th respond to hails, and most importantly ... where in the heck are they.

<_<

A couple of thoughts:

1.) Was there any special terrain on that system, A Sol;ar flare chould have destroyed the ship

2.) Fleet could have been destroyed by a cloaked ship, no battle report as the fleet never saw it coming

3.) What type of engines did the fleet have, could be that the engine had a catastrophic failure

T'Lariss

A bizarre story from the Apshai Space defense forces.  Fleet #431, the 2035th Guard, a Wasp class Corvette, has seemingly disappeared. 

-The Fleet appears in the ** Imperial Navy Report: Fleet Summary **  as 2035th Guard # 431, Hahnee (Warp Point 24263), 0 tons. 

-There is no listing for the fleet in the detailed FLEET REPORT.

-But strangely, the fleet is listed in the FLEET CARGO REPORT (at 3900 tons, carrying a load of 139 Fuel). 

A careful check of reports and records by the Admiralty indicates that everything looked fine for the fleet in the next to last cycle with normal end of cycle reports and contact received.  During the last cycle, records show no actions for that fleet .. no movement, no transfers into or out of fleets, no contact with other ships, no battles .. nothing.  But with no end of cycle reporting or contact from the ship, appears to have disappeared (except for the tantalizing clue left in the Fleet Cargo report that it may still exist).   

Given the suspecious nature of the disappeance, the Admiralty has brought in Investigator Banacek.  Renown for solving some of the toughest crimes on the Apshai Homeworld, Banacek has promised to determine why the records are wrong, why doesn't the 2035th respond to hails, and most importantly ... where in the heck are they.

<_<

1.) Was there any special terrain on that system, A Sol;ar flare chould have destroyed the ship --- Nope. Nothing. Nada.

2.) Fleet could have been destroyed by a cloaked ship, no battle report as the fleet never saw it coming --- If this was the case (or other similar items such as the ship was captured, taken by pirates, etcetera), then there is still a big bug. How can the Fleet Cargo Report show the fleet exists at 3900 tons with 139 fuel, while the other two show zilch? Also, lets say ships / fleets could simply be blasted or taken and you get no report. That would mean every player would have to through your entire ship listing every turn, comparing it to last turn to discover if anything surprising happened. I find it hard to believe RTG would program the game in such a way as this would really annoy many players.

3.) What type of engines did the fleet have, could be that the engine had a catastrophic failure -- A ship sitting in space doing nothing having a catastrophic failure. Possible. But, same as 2 above. Why the cargo report? Why no listed report action (Fleet xyz reports ship 123 blew up for no apparent reason).

I've also considered an added possiblity. When Bashkar exploration fleets briefly visited my home system (before fighting started), could they have deposited agents in the system, and this is some type of random report disruption. But then, (2) above still applies. More so, I would expect agents to sabotage things (like a sudden Fusion Powerplant explosion .. ouch!), maybe formet unrest. Not hack into goverment files and erase ships from listings, leaving the job incomplete.

I've also considered an added possiblity.  When Bashkar exploration fleets briefly visited my home system (before fighting started), could they have deposited agents in the system, and this is some type of random report disruption.  But then, (2) above still applies.  More so, I would expect agents to sabotage things (like a sudden Fusion Powerplant explosion .. ouch!), maybe formet unrest.  Not hack into goverment files and erase ships from listings, leaving the job incomplete.

If this was the case it seems to have had an effect- your Admiralty has been thrown into confusion! :cheers:

I've also considered an added possiblity.  When Bashkar exploration fleets briefly visited my home system (before fighting started), could they have deposited agents in the system, and this is some type of random report disruption.  But then, (2) above still applies.  More so, I would expect agents to sabotage things (like a sudden Fusion Powerplant explosion .. ouch!), maybe formet unrest.  Not hack into goverment files and erase ships from listings, leaving the job incomplete.

Oh you are so correct...

I have run into this a time or two. It is a minor glitch, or so Pete has said when he fixed the problem.

I have ships and cargo vanish, but not really and I have also had a negative amount of cargo load into a pop group.

I have not see any of these errors in a long time but I am possitve that they are not the result of an enemy agent.

Lord Sa Heru

I have run into this a time or two. It is a minor glitch, or so Pete has said when he fixed the problem.

I have ships and cargo vanish, but not really and I have also had a negative amount of cargo load into a pop group.

I have not see any of these errors in a long time but I am possitve that they are not the result of an enemy agent.

Lord Sa Heru

Ahhh .. it's the little imperfections in the game that give us so much to talk about. :ninja::jawdrop:

Lord Sa Heru

Ahhh .. it's the little imperfections in the game that give us so much to talk about. :ninja::jawdrop:

Whats neat is that you will still be able to do SS orders with the 2035....and who said Ghosts are useless! :o Not sure what a ghostly SS will do for ya...but it doesnt seem like you can do other things like move around or SENS.

I'm told Pete is aware of the issue...and if he wasn't, he is now :D

So WKE, I am wondering if that missing fleet mysteriously reappeared this turn. :drunk:

Yep, the fleet is back.

Investigators are currently questioning the crew, but no one so far seems to remember (or admits to knowing) what happened. Traces of advanced black market goods have been found in the ships air filters. The ships stores of foods seem to have been depleted. Someone etched the design of a large heart on the outside of the ship with the words Crk-cit + Kra-cac inside it. And someone reprogrammed the base computer commands, so now it replies "Yes, Dearie" to every request. All very strange.