Rolling Thunder Forums

Firepower!!!

Going over a few battle reports that werent mine I discovered that certain firepower values

for certain weapons systems didnt match up with what the ANZ reported them as.

a good example would be the Type A Plasma torpedo which one empire had a FP of 105600

and another had 88000. both positions could build them but one has a higher FP value.

Now it may be possible that in battle the FP value changes due to Leaders but in this battle there

were none. Hmmmm

Another system also didnt have the same values for FP so it seems that there may not be

equality amongst the various weapons systems when built by different positions.

General,

This is because the ANZ figures represent the firepower at a certain DL for all weapons, which is not necessarily it's optimum DL, hence in battles the higher FP for the correct DL will be shown all very confusing and unnecessary but that's how it's coded

:)

/Locklyn

General,

This is because the ANZ figures represent the firepower at a certain DL for all weapons, which is not necessarily it's optimum DL, hence in battles the higher FP for the correct DL will be shown all very confusing and unnecessary but that's how it's coded

:)

/Locklyn

Ahhhh I get it now. but the question remains what DL is that firepower value on the ANZ good for? For the range listed in the ANZ??

Ahhhh I get it now. but the question remains what DL is that firepower value on the ANZ good for? For the range listed in the ANZ??

There is a discrepancy seen between the figures we saw in Battle Reports and those in the ANZs, but only for the Point Blank and Standard/Beam weapons. The missiles are fine.

However that discrepancy seems to be consistent for all those we have seen battles for and ANZs.

We've asked the Oracle to post something to that effect.

We are assuming that the ANZ figures are those in DepLoc2......

But we'd like it confirmed. :)

Chief Warmaster to Ur-Lord Tedric

So... I wonder what effect firing missiles rated for standoff at closer ranges will

be? :(

As far as we know, absolutely no difference at all.....

The benefit of Standoff missiles is that they are designed to be fired from DepLoc 10 - any closer, and they just remain the same.....

Chief Scientist to Ur-Lord Tedric