Rolling Thunder Forums

quick question about srp

rotor911

???? There's no error. I researched 2nd gen space science from the start normally but I can't wait anymore :jawdrop: . So I'll move it from whatever slot it is to slot 1. I just wanted to be sure that I wouldn't be charged the whole 27 (?) srp but only the yet unresearched portion.

???? There's no error. I researched 2nd gen space science from the start normally but I can't wait anymore  :jawdrop: . So I'll move it from whatever slot it is to slot 1. I just wanted to be sure that I wouldn't be charged the whole 27 (?) srp but only the yet unresearched portion.

Some other points:

1. 2G Space Sci is 12, not 27.

2. SRPs are taken after all research is done for the turn so if you put in a new item you will be charged for one less so for 2G Space Science you will pay 1 less any research done to date.

3. No research bonuses are applied to SRPs so you pay the full cost

So how can you tell how many research points it takes for a tech? Is there a general rule like 2nd Gen tech takes 12, 3rd takes 27, etc.

Is there a formula that can be applied, or is it less predictible than that?

There is a formula but it is not applied in a straightforward manner not is it consistent. That's a good thing because as octagon999 says there is fun in discovery.

So how can you tell how many research points it takes for a tech? Is there a general rule like 2nd Gen tech takes 12, 3rd takes 27, etc.

There is a formula but it is not applied in a straightforward manner not is it consistent. That's a good thing because as octagon999 says there is fun in discovery.

My question herein lies with if we don't know how much it takes, yet are expected to keep track of extra pts (gained during creation)--- for srp, how do we do that? :jawdrop:

knutiw

Morgwen

My question herein lies with if we don't know how much it takes, yet are expected to keep track of extra pts (gained during creation)--- for srp, how do we do that? :blink:

knutiw

Morgwen

I tried to keep track too but there is a certain amount of guess work in the values of various techs. I would just work out a plan for the items you want to focus on and go as far as you can. That's what I did and I got most of the techs researched that I had in my original plan. B)

:( -- not a good answer, but an answer B) .. will take that and run with it. 'preciate it!

Morgwen.

I tried to keep track too but there is a certain amount of guess work in the values of various techs. I would just work out a plan for the items you want to focus on and go as far as you can. That's what i did and I got most of the techs researched that I had in my original plan. :blink:

Once upon a time, 1 SRP = 1 RC for 1 turn. I don't know if that is still true.

I don't think RTG actually expects you to track your SRPs. I gave up a while back because of the amount of variables involved and the absolute lack of specific information on a lot of it. I try to keep the Spreadsheets in Space aspect of the game to a minimum. :blink:

-SK B)