Rolling Thunder Forums

Edit Build

NeilGartner

I made a stupid mistake in my last turn in trying to build something (which failed but is still listed waiting for the materials to be completed) and now I just want it gone. If I do a "Clear All" in the EB first thing on my new turn, will that get rid of this nightmare from my last turn? :oops:

Thanks and Cheers :blink:

I made a stupid mistake in my last turn in trying to build something (which failed but is still listed waiting for the materials to be completed) and now I just want it gone.  If I do a "Clear All" in the EB first thing on my new turn, will that get rid of this nightmare from my last turn?  :oops:

Thanks and Cheers  :blink:

Or if it is just one line item you can "EB 0" the item

might save you a few orders

I made a stupid mistake in my last turn in trying to build something (which failed but is still listed waiting for the materials to be completed) and now I just want it gone.  If I do a "Clear All" in the EB first thing on my new turn, will that get rid of this nightmare from my last turn?   :blink:

Thanks and Cheers   :oops:

I tried that and it didn't work and in my turn result I got...

================================================================================

=========================================

-----EB (Edit Build)-----

EB: 0, Space Defense, 205

** Your industrial managers note that nothing is being produced in Population Group # 205 with a Priority of 0

================================================================================

And they were still listed on my Industrial Production report. Do I have to add the priority number too?

Thanks. :oops:

I made a stupid mistake in my last turn in trying to build something (which failed but is still listed waiting for the materials to be completed) and now I just want it gone.  If I do a "Clear All" in the EB first thing on my new turn, will that get rid of this nightmare from my last turn?   :oops:

Thanks and Cheers   :blink:

I usually just do a EB and plop in a new item to over-write the offending mistake. There is almost always something I could use more of, and it saves an order in the long run. For example EB in some fuel tankage over that mistake.

And you have to format an EB just like a BI.

You have to add the priority as that is the way the program keeps track of what is produced where in the line so to speak

Cheers

/Locklyn

I made a stupid mistake in my last turn in trying to build something (which failed but is still listed waiting for the materials to be completed) and now I just want it gone.  If I do a "Clear All" in the EB first thing on my new turn, will that get rid of this nightmare from my last turn?  :blink:

Thanks and Cheers  :oops:

I tried that and it didn't work and in my turn result I got...

** Your industrial managers note that nothing is being produced in Population Group # 205 with a Priority of 0

And they were still listed on my Industrial Production report. Do I have to add the priority number too?

Thanks. :oops:

Yes, you need to include the correct priority number, item name and a Yes or No for tooled status. That is how the program knows what to edit. I have also found that if you dont have an item building at that priority number, the order will fail. Only the BI order will add items to the queue.

The entry program is continually evolving. It used to be that you could just EB somthing and change either the amount or the item or the tooled function. Now it appears that the program is no longer letting you edit a build to a different item so you will have to spend twice as many orders to remove an item from the list. This might also encourage more folks to use the non-tooled builds that will go away automatically and eliminate the need to turn something off.

As I understand things from the Oracle, the way it is working now is the way it was supposed to work as you were never supposed to be able to change the item with an EB.

:oops::blink::oops:

Let me guess: You have 2 or more items listed with priority 0. Happened to me by mistake, I did delete the entire buildlist to cancel it after my first attempt to correct it failed.

I now have a spreadsheet with build order priorities and items, each one has a unique priority and I have left room to expand it when items become available.

If you do have multiple items on priority 0 or "x", you could try and set them all to produce 0 items, but if there are more than 2 items I think you will have to guess as to which one will be targetted by the EB order. I am not 100% sure of this being true, but the message you got stating that there is no such item at priority 0, suggests that the EB targets what it considers the first order at priority o or "x"(Alphabetical?).

Hope this helps.

Calamaran.

Let me guess: You have 2 or more items listed with priority 0. Happened to me by mistake, I did delete the entire buildlist to cancel it after my first attempt to correct it failed.

I now have a spreadsheet with build order priorities and items, each one has a unique priority and I have left room to expand it when items become available.

If you do have multiple items on priority 0 or "x", you could try and set them all to produce 0 items, but if there are more than 2 items I think you will have to guess as to which one will be targetted by the EB order. I am not 100% sure of this being true, but the message you got stating that there is no such item at priority 0, suggests that the EB targets what it considers the first order at priority o or "x"(Alphabetical?).

Hope this helps.

Calamaran.

I would contact Pete if this situation happens before you do a Clear all. He may be able to help and it could save you a lot of orders. :oops: