Rolling Thunder Forums

RESUPPLY DUTY

looker

I thought SUPP was a toggle order.  :cheers:  Issue it once to put the fleet ON resupply duty.  Issue it again to take the fleet OFF resupply duty. 

Hrm ...

-SK  :beer:

SK, according to the order supplement movement cancels any SUPP order. Toggling could be an undocumented feature but is not referred to in the supplement.

I don't think that movement will cancel it.  I have a fleet on resupply that moves using standing orders to fill up the tanks every turn and it is still on resupply.

That is the problem, I think the convoy idea is probably a workable fix. I reread the order supplemnt this AM and did not see a toggle note in the description. Toggle would work well though (like privacy). B)

FWIW: I had 2 skimmers at a gas giant, both on supply. The tanker was on convoy (NM NM OC) worked like a charm. :cheers:

When I decided to move the act out of system it seems the last ship though the warp gets all the fuel. :beer:

Maybe just cram the whole works into one fleet... :unsure:

There's a little blue switch on the left side of the ship's control panel that says, RESUPPLY FUEL.  Turn the switch to the OFF position......

:beer:

That was a good try, Enginering Officer Kowalski says the toggle is labeled on and still on. It is just like the toggle on my RTG Forum that says BS answers on and BS answers still on. At least you showed you care :cheers:B)

There is a 'toggle', it's just not like in the supplement...

The toggle is definitely a Convoy Route and then there's no problem.

On the Fleet Listing you can see that each fleet is either 'On Convoy Route' or 'On Supply'.

The obvious recommendation is that, to take a fleet off supply, use the pretty standard 'Refuel' convoy route (CNVR, Refuel; SKIM, 999; CNVR, Refuel).

This has no other effect than trying to refill your fuel tanks if you don't do anything else and you're in a suitable place.

- it seems that a whole lot of our fleets are on this convoy route now..... :beer:

Chief Planner to Ur-Lord Tedric

There is a 'toggle', it's just not like in the supplement...

The toggle is definitely a Convoy Route and then there's no problem.

On the Fleet Listing you can see that each fleet is either 'On Convoy Route' or 'On Supply'.

The obvious recommendation is that, to take a fleet off supply, use the pretty standard 'Refuel' convoy route (CNVR, Refuel;  SKIM, 999;  CNVR, Refuel).

This has no other effect than trying to refill your fuel tanks if you don't do anything else and you're in a suitable place.

- it seems that a whole lot of our fleets are on this convoy route now..... :beer:

To confuse things a little more there is another status "on station" I guess this must be ships that have never been used as convoy vessels or resuppy ships. Your suggestion probably has the ultimate recommendation "it works". Maybe not the best or even right, but "it works" is so much better than having empty tankers trying to warp.

It would have been great to have Pete jump in and clear it all up, but it's probably better to have him creating a new and better SNIII every day<G>

:cheers:

To confuse things a little more there is another status "on station" I guess this must be ships that have never been used as convoy vessels or resuppy ships. Your suggestion probably has the ultimate recommendation "it works".  Maybe not the best or even right, but "it works" is so much better than having empty tankers trying to warp.

It would have been great to have Pete jump in and clear it all up, but it's probably better to have him creating a new and better SNIII every day<G>

:beer:

You're right! :cheers:

We didn't mention the 'original' 'On Station' entry as we were considering the issue of taking fleets off 'On Supply'. To the best of our knowledge there is no way to get back to the original default condition short of deleting/creating the fleet.

The 'Refuel' convoy route is the safest bet IOHO....

Personally I wish the SUPP order took an option that would be a minimum amount of fuel that the tanker would retain for it's own use. So "SUPP 2000" would work like the current SUPP except the tanker would not transfer it's last 2,000 fuel. "SUPP 0" would work like the current SUPP. It's a pain when tankers on SUPP transfer every last drop of fuel and are then stranded themselves.