Rolling Thunder Forums

shrine question

rotor911

my lastest explore found

a shrine to an unknown deity: A small religious institution dedicated to the worship of an unknown, alien deity
Is there any use to this thing? If I set up a colony there, will my colonists "use" the shrine and earn me religious points? Can I "research" the shrine in a way or another and learn more about the "unknown deity"? Thanks!

Incidentally this shrine is on a hot rockball, 0.5 AU orb. If its worshippers were adorers of the sun, they were in the right place! :blink:

my lastest explore found
a shrine to an unknown deity: A small religious institution dedicated to the worship of an unknown, alien deity
Is there any use to this thing? If I set up a colony there, will my colonists "use" the shrine and earn me religious points? Can I "research" the shrine in a way or another and learn more about the "unknown deity"? Thanks!

Incidentally this shrine is on a hot rockball, 0.5 AU orb. If its worshippers were adorers of the sun, they were in the right place! :blink:

Unfortunately I think you'll find that you can't actually do anything with it - i.e. its just a colourful description. That said, I have no idea what would have happen if you had a religious character on board your exploration fleet when you found it!

You don't need colonists. Drop a beacon and move a religious character there. IF there's anything to b done, they'll do it. Setting up a fleet to do XEXPLs might not be a bad idea either.

my lastest explore found

Unfortunately I think you'll find that you can't actually do anything with it - i.e. its just a colourful description. That said, I have no idea what would have happen if you had a religious character on board your exploration fleet when you found it!

Put a Religious Character on tha planet and he will beginning to pray to this unknown diety.

As I have found all Dieties cathedrals plus this shrine on my HW, my Archbishop is pretty busy praying to all of them as he seems to be kind of open minded for a bishop :-)

As I have found all Dieties cathedrals plus this shrine on my HW, my Archbishop is pretty busy praying to all of them as he seems to be kind of open minded for a bishop :-)

Ours do that, too. Archbishops, high priests, you name it. Oh, did we mention we're a theocracy? };-)>

The only problem is .. I have that feeling that the religious aspects of the game (such as perhaps declaring fealty to one god and getting advantages) is not developed nor in place. In other words, they may pray to the Gods all they want. But, no one is home listening at the time being.

At least the favor seems to be collected. I hope that this is stored and that one can reap

the benefits when it is implemented.

Cestvel

P.S.: Is this not the "normal" behavior of gods ;-) (no offense meant)

It looks like this...

A talented young individual is discovered on <HOMEWORLD> and accepts service in the Empire as a Acolyte!

> Bishop Zrelnet the Devout prayed at a shrine to an unknown deity, generating favor for your Empire in the eyes of an unknown deity!

> Bishop Zrelnet the Devout prayed at a spectacular Grand Cathedral dedicated to Yamal the Lawgiver, generating favor for your Empire in the eyes of Yamal the Lawgiver!

> Bishop Zrelnet the Devout prayed at an impressive Grand Cathedral dedicated to Valakar the Swift, generating favor for your Empire in the eyes of Valakar the Swift!

> Archbishop Klortiiz the Devout prayed at a gloomy Grand Cathedral dedicated to Vladchek the Dark One, generating favor for your Empire in the eyes of Vladcheck the Dark One!

...but there's nowhere in the turn results that actually tells you how MUCH favor you have. I've been tracking mine on my spreadsheet since the beginning of the game, though.

So by having a religious character on a planet (e.g HW) with a 'shrine' or 'cathedral' EXPL hit, you gain 'favor'?

How is this monitored- i.e. where is it stated in the turn report?  Or is it only if you build a shrine/cathedral/mystic oblong/etc.

I suspect it is more on the lines of:

1. EXPL generates random discovery of ruined installation.

2. If the ruined installation is religious (eg Temple), then the Religious Leader on board your EXPL'ing fleet has a better chance of discovering something (eg, ancient holy book from which much is learned concerning the Holy Hand Grenade of Antioch, or secret entrance into the Crypt where is found a Type B Bible Basher).

3. If the ruined installation is military, then the Army/Naval Officer on board your EXPL'ing fleet has a better chance of discovering something.

4. Etc

I don't know this for sure, it's just my theory explaining Pete's comments long ago that all Leaders have a beneficial effect on EXPL orders.

/Len

The religious types need to be on the planet. There they sit around until the urge hits them to make the rounds of all the possible shrines and temples. As far as I can tell they are not very discriminating and work hard not to offend eny by ommission. They also help your mining activities run smoothly and give boosts to mining totals just like merchants and admin types.

I have had one holy guy on a fleet over a planet doing explores since early inthe game and I can't say that there has been any noticable benefit for his presence.

:blush:

So by having a religious character on a planet (e.g HW) with a 'shrine' or 'cathedral' EXPL hit, you gain 'favor'?

How is this monitored- i.e. where is it stated in the turn report?  Or is it only if you build a shrine/cathedral/mystic oblong/etc.

I suspect it is more on the lines of:

1. EXPL generates random discovery of ruined installation.

2. If the ruined installation is religious (eg Temple), then the Religious Leader on board your EXPL'ing fleet has a better chance of discovering something (eg, ancient holy book from which much is learned concerning the Holy Hand Grenade of Antioch, or secret entrance into the Crypt where is found a Type B Bible Basher).

3. If the ruined installation is military, then the Army/Naval Officer on board your EXPL'ing fleet has a better chance of discovering something.

4. Etc

I don't know this for sure, it's just my theory explaining Pete's comments long ago that all Leaders have a beneficial effect on EXPL orders.

/Len

Actually, it is a little closer to this:

1. EXPL generates random discovery of religious installation.

2. Enterprising empire places a Colony Beacon to establish a poplutaion center.

3. Same enterprising empire transfers one or more Religious Leaders to the world.

4. As a random character action (about the same time that your other leaders are improving your mine outputs) those Religious Leaders placed on the world pray at the discovered religious installations, garnering favor points with the diety in question.

You can increase effictiveness of this procedure by:

A. Discovering more than one religious building via additional EXPL orders. When a leader prays, he prays at all shrines (etc.) present.

B. Transfer more Religious Leaders there. Each one has his own random chance to pray.

C. Build your own Shrines, Temples, Missions, Cathedrals, etc. at the popluation center. This increases the chance of religious activity by creating a religous retreat.

Of course, as has already been pointed out, I do not think that anyone has found a use for these accumilated relgious favor points yet.

TERNEST

(Arcane Services, Inc.)