Rolling Thunder Forums

Thermal Transfer Center

Prospective

Hi all,

I built a thermal transfer center and built enough power plants to supply the required 25,000 power units. However, after looking at my turn sheet, it apparently didn't work (the 25,000 power units were not used). So, is there something I need to do in order to get it to activate? Am I missing something here?

Thanks.

I queried Pete on a similar thing way back when and he answered that the excess powe calculations were a bit buggy in some circumstances...apparently he hasn't been able to fix it yet. If the thing really did not work then it should have affected your attrition on the world as temp is one of the major pop killers on alien worlds.

So, check your attrition, if much higher than usual and your powerplants didn't run out of fuel or somesuch then scream bloody murder so Pete can work his usual manual fix magic

Cheers

/Locklyn

Locklyn,

I had 30,000 power generated at the beginning of the report out (confirmed that I had enough raw input). Then my 500 odd mines reduced the power remaining to appx. 29,500. The 29,500 is the number of leftover power I had listed for that pop group, and the attrition rate was not reduced. So, it's my opinion that the TTC didn't function, the power wasn't consumed and the attrition rate didn't improve.

I've sent Pete and Russ a total of 3 emails since Sunday and haven't seen a response yet, which is why I'm posting here. Guys?

Also, has anyone else out there built a TTC, then not have it work? If so, do you have to have the turn recalculated each and every turn, or at some point, does it get "turned on" and then stay on?

Thanks.

Prospective,

I actually had the exact same problem with the same calcs as you, ie I checked everything off and couldn't be sure that the TTC was actually was working since my attrition was marginally. Pete looked at it and assured me that it was working despite having buggy power numbers.

I think you can expect a delay to replies as it seems there are quite a lot of manual fixing to be done between turns especially now with the shorter turnround of last and we're coming up on 3 years of SNROE anniversary so perhaps he is planning something to celebrate that or even...perhaps is completing the naval combat document! :o

They don't rerun turns unless something is seriously wrong or has affected ALOT of players hence the manual fixing which seems timeconsuming.

Hope it works out for you and let us know if it indeed was working or not?

Cheers

/Locklyn

Locklyn,

I had 30,000 power generated at the beginning of the report out (confirmed that I had enough raw input).  Then my 500 odd mines reduced the power remaining to appx. 29,500.  The 29,500 is the number of leftover power I had listed for that pop group, and the attrition rate was not reduced.  So, it's my opinion that the TTC didn't function, the power wasn't consumed and the attrition rate didn't improve.

I've sent Pete and Russ a total of 3 emails since Sunday and haven't seen a response yet, which is why I'm posting here.  Guys?

Also, has anyone else out there built a TTC, then not have it work?  If so, do you have to have the turn recalculated each and every turn, or at some point, does it get "turned on" and then stay on?

Thanks.

it is my firm belief that items such as TTC and atmsphereic exchangers etc etc should tell you how many colonists where 'saved' much like some installations tell you the presence of whose kind added 'x' number of colonists. In this way you know for sure that its working

IMHO of course.

BTW I have had similar problems with the TTC with similar respnces from RTG. ie buggy at times

but it seems its more then buggy at times its buggy all the time. :o

Locklyn,

I had 30,000 power generated at the beginning of the report out (confirmed that I had enough raw input).  Then my 500 odd mines reduced the power remaining to appx. 29,500.  The 29,500 is the number of leftover power I had listed for that pop group, and the attrition rate was not reduced.  So, it's my opinion that the TTC didn't function, the power wasn't consumed and the attrition rate didn't improve.

I've sent Pete and Russ a total of 3 emails since Sunday and haven't seen a response yet, which is why I'm posting here.  Guys?

Also, has anyone else out there built a TTC, then not have it work?  If so, do you have to have the turn recalculated each and every turn, or at some point, does it get "turned on" and then stay on?

Thanks.

it is my firm belief that items such as TTC and atmsphereic exchangers etc etc should tell you how many colonists where 'saved' much like some installations tell you the presence of whose kind added 'x' number of colonists. In this way you know for sure that its working

IMHO of course.

BTW I have had similar problems with the TTC with similar respnces from RTG. ie buggy at times

but it seems its more then buggy at times its buggy all the time. :o

I agree with this opinion. It would be nice if we had some form of assurance that it worked other than verbal. A spot on the sheets detailing what was saved would be nice.

I've too asked for this in the past since the number checking every turn when one can't rely on the game engine is both cumbersome and tiresome and there are times when Pete has said that everything is working ok and then you show him the numbers and he says "oh" and then says he fixes it and some turns later you point it out again.

I realise it is a massive complex game but since we're the ones doing the bug finding and game testing we should have the proper tools to make it as easy as possible for us to play.

Cheers

/Locklyn

Locklyn,

Thanks.

Was this the first time you used the TTC? You may not have noticed a change in attrition as there is a cap on the amount of attrition due to a particular item. If you did not reduce the temp enough to fall below the cap there would be no impact to your attrition due to temperature.

It will still be obvious if you did a CSV before and after the TTC was in place. Order consuming, yes but the only way to see if it actually works.

Cheers

/Lars

Actually T'aleen, an installation starts to work the same turn it is constructed as the CON runs before the attrition takes place and then it is calculated with the TTC in place if it works correctly.

Cheers

/Locklyn

:beer: Hmmmm I am not sure if that is eactly true in all cases, maybe but it might not be. We will need Russ/Pete to comment on this!

Penn

Actually T'aleen, an installation starts to work the same turn it is constructed as the CON runs before the attrition takes place and then it is calculated with the TTC in place if it works correctly.

Cheers

/Locklyn

T'aleen

I have to agree with Locklyn on this as I have seen it first hand for myself. I recently CON some Subterranean Cities to a colony and the attrition dropped from 74 to 0 on that very turn. :beer:

Yup, it's the same as with all installations. Since they're either CONstructed or DISMantled (or both for those doing the ol CON Astro Univ and then SURV with a followed DISM) in the orders section which runs before production and attrition they can be used instantly (Transportation Centers,attrition reducing insts, Shipyards, Slips, Survey buildings etc) in the following orders.

Industries, Stripmines and powerplants and so forth are also used in the same turn during production phase

Cheers

/Locklyn

Yup, it's the same as with all installations. Since they're either CONstructed or DISMantled (or both for those doing the ol CON Astro Univ and then SURV with a followed DISM) in the orders section which runs before production and attrition they can be used instantly (Transportation Centers,attrition reducing insts, Shipyards, Slips, Survey buildings etc) in the following orders.

Industries, Stripmines and powerplants and so forth are also used in the same turn during production phase

:beer:

Cheers

/Locklyn

I agree with this but are there any exceptions to the general rule? For instance is it possible that TTCs don't run in the same turn they are constructed? :beer: