Rolling Thunder Forums

How many colonists before attrition sets in?

What have been your experiences on how many colonists can you land on a world before attrition sets in  

22 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

It depends---

My colonizers can keep about 20 on a gas giant before suffering any attrition bu t my whimpy guys will keep jumping off cliffs well into the single digits.

I have not seen any attrition ever effect a colony of 5 or smaller though.

Of course, I learned long ago that high attrition worlds were not worth much so I haven't tried too much lately.

I can also say that it is pretty frustrating to have moved enough pop and other supplies to build every possible attrition mitigating device that I know about and still have attrition killing off my colonists. and these guys are just about even for the old CB. I would hate to think how bad things would have been with a seriously negative CB.

:oops::(

Here's another example.

I can colonize an asteroid field with no aids up to 70 pop before suffering attrition.  Once I add some domed cities then it is ideal for me and I never see any attrition.

:oops:  :(  :blink:

Gota love breathing vacuum...

:blink:  :cheers:  :blink:

It sounds like your race is a group of intelligent rocks. :cheers:

:cheers:

That would also be some ground combat modifier!