Rolling Thunder Forums

Missing Messages

hobknob

The board is missing messages!!!!!!!

Where are they and why are the being removed????

:cheers:

I am not sure this is what you mean, but the board only shows messages that have been posted in within the last 90 days. You can change that setting at the bottom on the right.

As I said, I am not sure this is what you mean.

Calamaran.

Well now, I am glad we have gotten that straightened out.  I was quite shocked to see only 90 days worth of messages on the board.  That feature must ahve been one of the latest enhancements as I don't recall it even a couple of months ago.

Thanks for calming my paranoia.

:cheers:  :huh:  :cheers:

Whew! You had me worried that there was some huge conspiracy to hide controversy.

As long as I have been on this board I have known that the number of message threads was limited in time. However, this is a setting that you can alter temporarily if you wish to read a thread or set of threads farther back in time. Also individual threads show all of their messages no matter how long ago they were written.

The truth is out there if you want to search for it. :P

The board is missing messages!!!!!!!

Where are they and why are the being removed????

:cheers:

I am not sure this is what you mean, but the board only shows messages that have been posted in within the last 90 days. You can change that setting at the bottom on the right.

As I said, I am not sure this is what you mean.

Calamaran.

Calamaran has the right of it - the default display time is 90 days. Any older thread (non-sticky) that hasn't had any activity for 90 days will seem to disappear but you can bring it back for viewing by selecting the "Show All" option.

Russ

Well now, I am glad we have gotten that straightened out.  I was quite shocked to see only 90 days worth of messages on the board.  That feature must ahve been one of the latest enhancements as I don't recall it even a couple of months ago.

Thanks for calming my paranoia.

:huh:  :P  :cheers:

No, the 90 day thing has always been there. I suppose the Board's have been quite quiet recently.

I am certainly happy that no messages have actually been lost, however I will dispute the notion that the option has always been there, or rather that it has always been turned on. I certainly doesn't matter, but up until a week ago I was unaware of the option.

I suppose the default option could have been to show all so I never noticed before. Now I see that the default option is 90 days and you have to change it every time you want otherwise.

Anyway, as I said, it hardly matters now.

:huh::P:cheers: