Rolling Thunder Forums

Computers ?

rotor911

The ANZ text about Computers hints that, besides their bridge rating, they improve the performance of all others ship components. Is it just talk :( or is it a fact?

This question doesn't look unimportant to me because even if the improvement is slight, it would still mean that a computer giving average bridge rating would be more valuable than, for instance, a Battle imaging system which would give adequate bridge rating too but nothing else.

As always, mucho thanks to everybody : you're really helping a lot!

The ANZ text about Computers hints  that, besides their bridge rating,  they improve the performance of all others ship components. Is it just talk :(  or is it a fact?

This question doesn't look unimportant to me because even if the improvement is slight, it would still mean that a computer giving average bridge rating would be more valuable than, for instance, a Battle imaging system which would give adequate bridge rating too but nothing else. 

As always, mucho thanks to everybody : you're really helping a lot!

It has been said bt RTG that a ship doesnt requie a computer but it has also been said that if you

plan to use that ship for combat duties then it would be a very good idea to add a quality computer system. makes sense to me. :D

• 3 weeks later...

I've asked pete in emails and gotten back that they just affect FC, nothing more, nothing less

Cheers

/Locklyn