Rolling Thunder Forums

Requests for order changes or additions

Clan Elder 'Keen

1) Can we get a rename convoy route order? I have a habit of appending orders onto routes and what used to be a "To System X" route becomes a "To System Y" one. I would like the name to better reflect the changing contents.

2) Is there any reason why LFE could not be in a convoy route? Currently XLFE and convoy routes will conflict depending which executes first. I would like the ability to switch a fleet from a movement route to a LFE route instead of having the logistical nightmare of deleting and reissuing standing orders.

3) The rulebook mentions a Disembark Army Force order on page 6-2. Does the DAF order currently exist? As I have not found it, I assume OC has replaced this function and the rulebook is obsolete? Is there any reason why we couldn't have this DAF order to unload divisions directly into an existing army force?

3) The rulebook mentions a Disembark Army Force order on page 6-2.  Does the DAF order currently exist?  As I have not found it, I assume OC has replaced this function and the rulebook is obsolete?  Is there any reason why we couldn't have this DAF order to unload divisions directly into an existing army force?

A higher priority IMO would be to fix the problem that you can't OC ground divisions in to captured population groups. I think it's silly that I can't reinforce a garrison other than by building new divisions there.

3) The rulebook mentions a Disembark Army Force order on page 6-2.  Does the DAF order currently exist?  As I have not found it, I assume OC has replaced this function and the rulebook is obsolete?  Is there any reason why we couldn't have this DAF order to unload divisions directly into an existing army force?

A higher priority IMO would be to fix the problem that you can't OC ground divisions in to captured population groups. I think it's silly that I can't reinforce a garrison other than by building new divisions there.

Thats not really important. If you unload your army group into another pop group that army

division will defend EVERY pop group of yours on the planet and help keep those unruly aliens in check. :santa:

That DAF question was asked literally years ago and the OC order works just fine. There is no real need for it. Now if and when there is the technology that allows direct dropping of ground

forces from orbit onto a planetary surface ..... then we might have need of such an order.

How about the ability to DELETE convoy routes?

RENAME would also be swell.

Oh, and with the number of HW's now under my control, a less expensive (in real $$$) way to change/implement production would be peachy too.

Good ideas. Couched with some subtle bragging, but good none the less.

Octus

Here's a quick snippet from my last turn. I was clearing all of the orders in the route to rebuild it from scratch.

-----ECNV (Edit Convoy Route)----- 
ECNV: Convoy Route 1, CLEAR ALL, 0 
The following entries have been deleted as orders for Convoy Route Convoy Route 1 

... lotsa stuff deleted ...

================================================================================
========================================= 
-----CNVR (Convoy Route)----- 
CNVR: Convoy Route 1
Recording of orders into a Convoy Route named Convoy Route 1 will begin now. 
Because the Convoy Route 1 Convoy Route does not yet exist, it has been created and orders will be added to it until 
another CNVR (Convoy Route) order is issued or this turn ends (whichever comes first).

Apparently CLEAR ALL deletes the route in addition to the orders contained in it!

I'll have to dig through the board archives to find it, but it's there.   ( :o <--- For having to dig through the archives.)

-SK  :santa:

Eternus has a files that captures all of the Oracle's pronouncements. Might save some time if you have a copy. (PM me with an email address and I will forward my copy.)

That not been stickied anywhere? It's quite good, as it's got lot's and lot's of stuff in it.