Rolling Thunder Forums

quick question about vicentry

I can't assign a naval commander to a ship with vicentry.  The documentation states that you must enter the ship number but BB-54 or 54 are rejected. What should I enter? 

TIA

I found out that if you enter ac 1 54 in vicentry, it works just fine. If you enter ac 1 bb-54, you get an error. If you back out of the error and then try ac 1 54, you get the same error again, it seems to be a bug.

Good luck.

Kesselring.

I can't assign a naval commander to a ship with vicentry.  The documentation states that you must enter the ship number but BB-54 or 54 are rejected. What should I enter? 

TIA

I found out that if you enter ac 1 54 in vicentry, it works just fine. If you enter ac 1 bb-54, you get an error. If you back out of the error and then try ac 1 54, you get the same error again, it seems to be a bug.

Good luck.

Kesselring.

Hmm...Looks like it gets itself caught up in an error checking routine thinking that you are assigning it to a city and trying to check for a valid city location. AC, [Naval Commander ID], 54 is the correct format for what you want - if nothing else, just enter a city location to get through that particular order then delete it and start from scratch and you'll be ok.

Russ