Rolling Thunder Forums

So wse have a new Pirate empire here

cestvel

The Knights of Tortuga (#3260) attacked a humble Survey Cruiser of Star Burrows (#3591).

We seem to have another pirating menace in the Galaxy.

Resitance is already organizing ...

Illmawir of Gorn

** NAVAL BATTLE REPORT **

----- KUSIL [ M (Red) 9 V ] [single Star] - Warp Point 77124 -----

The Knights of Tortuga #3260 Total tonnage: 300,000 Base Fire Control: 2 [765,000 bridge]

Star Burrows #3591 Total tonnage: 258,800 Base Fire Control: 1 [0 bridge]

** Imperial Navy Report: Fleet Order of Battle **

The Knights of Tortuga # 3260 [Red Skull & Crossbones On Black Banner]

80th Suyat Survey [ROE: Y] *Standard Line* (Fleet Tonnage: 300,000)

Cargo Bays: ... 2,000 ...

--------------------

[Deploy Location 2] 1 FC Suyat Fujan (Frontier Cruiser - 300,000 tons [each])

---------------------------

Fire Control: Phenomenal .. Maneuverability: Fleet .. Sensors: Oblivious .. Shields: Stable .. Structural Integrity: Durable

650 4cm Gatling CIDS .... 30,000 Cordellium Composite .... 3,000 Ghost-Nine Armor Coating .... 300 Mk III Force Shield ....

1 Type A Black Sphere Generator .... 9 Type A Plasma Torpedo (Plasma Torpedo)

Star Burrows # 3591 [Globe With A Hole In The Middle]

Surveyer 305 [ROE: R] *Column Attack* (Fleet Tonnage: 258,800)

Pioneer Scout Lambda

--------------------

[Deploy Location 7] 1 SVC Surveyer Mk IV (Survey Cruiser - 258,800 tons [each])

-------------------------

Fire Control: Minimal .. Maneuverability: Fleet .. Sensors: Blind .. Shields: Feeble .. Structural Integrity: Sturdy

1,000 4cm Gatling CIDS .... 10,000 Ablative Armor Coating .... 25 Light Pressor Beam (Gravitonic) .... 5 Medium P-Cannon

.... 10 Mk I Long Lance Torpedo (Missile) .... 100 Mk II Force Shield .... 10,000 Selenite Battle Weave

--------------------------------------------------

DepLoc 2

------------------------------------------------------------

FC Suyat Fujan (Frontier Cruiser - 300,000 tons) [integrity: 1,892,000] [shields: 480,000] (Green, Timid)

650 4cm Gatling CIDS, 10 Battle Imaging System, 2,000 Cargo Bay, 30,000 Cordellium Composite

10 Fuel Shuttle, 24,000 Fuel Tankage, 3,000 Ghost-Nine Armor Coating, 600 Mk II Fusion Engine

50 Mk II Short Range Sensor, 75 Mk III Computer System, 300 Mk III Force Shield, 1 Mk IV Jump Survey Sensor

1 Nuclear Transwarp Drive, 1 Type A Black Sphere Generator, 9 Type A Plasma Torpedo

Plasma Torpedo: 950,400

Black Sphere: 0.083, Maneuverability: 4.000, Point Defense: 0.108, Reflective Coating: 0.200

Sensors: 0.083

--------------------------------------------------

DepLoc 7

------------------------------------------------------------

**DESTROYED** [1st] SVC Surveyer Mk IV (Survey Cruiser - 258,800 tons) [integrity: 388,800] [shields: 70,000] (Green, Timid)

1,000 4cm Gatling CIDS, 10,000 Ablative Armor Coating, 25 Fuel Shuttle, 50,000 Fuel Tankage

25 Light Pressor Beam, 5 Medium P-Cannon, 10 Mk I Long Lance Torpedo, 100 Mk II Force Shield

12 Mk III Jump Survey Sensor, 518 Mk IV Nuclear Engine, 1 Nuclear Transwarp Drive, 10,000 Selenite Battle Weave

1 Type A Science Lab

Gravitonic: 22,000, Missile: 12,000, Plasma: 22,000

Maneuverability: 4.003, Point Defense: 0.193, Reflective Coating: 0.386

I, Clan Elder Sakarissa, formally extend an invitation to WHAPO to the Knights of Tortuga. Just in case the Knights are unaware, WHAPO stands for Warlords, Heathens, And Pirates Organization. It is an organization dedicated to wiping out all those namby pamby wussy peaceniks in the galaxy. To accept this invite, just post publicly on this thread that you wish to be a member. Thank you and good pirating to you!

Sakarissa :beer:

Cestval,

Was this the first time you ran into Tortuga, or were there previous incidents of conflict between the two of you? 

Did this battle just happen on the last turn?

This was the first encounter with them.

Obviously they are not nice beeings (if at all).

With Tortuga having his ROE set to Y (Yankee Attack enemies, unknown aliens, and known aliens with no agreement or a Cease Fire agreement, Trade Pact, Non-Aggression Pact, Military Agreement or Alliance)

it sounds like your assesment is right and that you have an unfriendly pirate empire that you'll need to deal with.

How many WHAPO memebers are out there? What are the reasons to become a WHAPO memeber (do you all sing sea chanty's and drink grog)?

How many WHAPO memebers are out there?  What are the reasons to become a WHAPO memeber (do you all sing sea chanty's and drink grog)?

There has not been much of a reason for folks to join WHAPO as their main opponent, the Galactic Senate has been inactive.

Of course I have always wondered how anarchists can have an organization but that is a topic for another thread. :P

Of course I'll comment. WHAPO has no formal arrangement of meetings and by-laws. We just blow people out of the sky for fun and profit. A very easy organization to join and be a part of. For the most part, the members of WHAPO are silent on this board. Remember, it's the silent ones you have to worry about.

As far as the Somalia incident goes, it wasn't me since I haven't even SS'd a system called Earth yet. Maybe it was another member of the organization......

Sakarissa :P

• 2 weeks later...
Of course I'll comment. WHAPO has no formal arrangement of meetings and by-laws. We just blow people out of the sky for fun and profit. A very easy organization to join and be a part of. For the most part, the members of WHAPO are silent on this board. Remember, it's the silent ones you have to worry about.

How many of you WHAPO guys are still around, Sakarissa?

Well, I'm here. However, WHAPO is a very loosely organized group. Membership is voluntary and requires no fee, disclosure, turn sharing, tech tree, star maps, etc. Basically, it's an honest group of individuals who have openly stated that they really want to go to war with someone, anyone, even each other!!!!!

:cheers:;):taz::blink::P:laugh::laugh:

Well, I'm here.  However, WHAPO is a very loosely organized group.  Membership is voluntary and requires no fee, disclosure, turn sharing, tech tree, star maps, etc.  Basically, it's an honest group of individuals who have openly stated that they really want to go to war with someone, anyone, even each other!!!!!

:cheers:  ;)  :taz:  :blink:  :P  :laugh:  :laugh:

So it must be really tough to always face each other to avoid getting the knife stuck in your back. :oops:

Well, I'm here.  However, WHAPO is a very loosely organized group.  Membership is voluntary and requires no fee, disclosure, turn sharing, tech tree, star maps, etc.  Basically, it's an honest group of individuals who have openly stated that they really want to go to war with someone, anyone, even each other!!!!!

;)  :taz:  :blink:  :P  :laugh:  :laugh:  :oops:

:laugh: Now that's funny! "[WHAPO is] an honest group ..." of Pirates. <ROFL> :laugh:

Thanks Lord Uriel! You've made my day! :thumbsup:

-SK :cheers: