Rolling Thunder Forums

Fighter tree

Bovine Hegemony

The dastardly Kurassier continues to harass us with his Mk X Cattle Prods and I need some help. I recently developed Attack Gunboats, but my hope that the next fighter tech would open up wasn't realized. I would greatly appreciate anyone who knows the pre-reqs of the next fighter tech letting me know.

This aspect of the game really bothers me. I have no way of knowing for sure that the fighter line hasn't ended. Do I need one of the other gunboats? Do I need better lasers or missiles, since both those are listed as being on the fighter and MDDs are needed for better drones? Is it a horizon tech I am missing? If you don't feel like posting to this thread, please send a PM. Thanks.

Moo!

The dastardly Kurassier continues to harass us with his Mk X Cattle Prods and I need some help.  I recently developed Attack Gunboats, but my hope that the next fighter tech would open up wasn't realized.  I would greatly appreciate anyone who knows the pre-reqs of the next fighter tech letting me know. 

This aspect of the game really bothers me.  I have no way of knowing for sure that the fighter line hasn't ended.  Do I need one of the other gunboats?  Do I need better lasers or missiles, since both those are listed as being on the fighter and MDDs are needed for better drones?  Is it a horizon tech I am missing?  If you don't feel like posting to this thread, please send a PM.  Thanks.

Moo!

Lets see if we can help here.....

We all start with interceptors which are you guessed is 1st Generation

then comes Fighters

then comes Strike Fighters

which opens up Patrol Craft ,Attack Fighter and Hummers.

Patrol Craft opens up squat dont know about Hummers

Attack Fighter opened up Ground Attack and Bombers

Bombers opens up SWAC Gunboat, Attack Gunboat, Police Gunboat and

Combat Gunboat.

Thats 6th Generation fighters. If there is a 7th or 8th I havent seen or heard of it.

Your best bet is once you get to this level of fighter craft is research the pulse

engine techs which you should have been doing all along if this is going to be

one of your major weapon systems.

<wicked laugh>

Secret Weapon in development on a potatoe farm in Wisconsin.

<evil laugh>

Need to shop close to home and help a neighboring state's economy.

New potatoes anyone? Or is that neuvo?

Octus Imperium

You fool. You've given away to much! Any child can figure out it's not Neuvo .. that it must be the closest sounding thing .. Neutron. And knowing that makes it so obvious to anyone dealing with conspiricies and secrets that they must be developing Neutron Potatoes, with the expresse purpose of arming powerful Neutron Potatoe guns, and building Neutron Potatoe Bombs.

Because of your loose lips, everyone will be rushing to build Type A Ronco Veg-O-Matics which can slice, dice, and make Julienne Fries out of any vegatable based weapons (or species). The advantage of surprise is lost.

<wicked laugh>

Secret Weapon in development on a potatoe farm in Wisconsin.

<evil laugh>

Need to shop close to home and help a neighboring state's economy.

New potatoes anyone? Or is that neuvo?

Octus Imperium

You fool. You've given away to much! Any child can figure out it's not Neuvo .. that it must be the closest sounding thing .. Neutron. And knowing that makes it so obvious to anyone dealing with conspiricies and secrets that they must be developing Neutron Potatoes, with the expresse purpose of arming powerful Neutron Potatoe guns, and building Neutron Potatoe Bombs.

Because of your loose lips, everyone will be rushing to build Type A Ronco Veg-O-Matics which can slice, dice, and make Julienne Fries out of any vegatable based weapons (or species). The advantage of surprise is lost.

And Eternus will be resting easier tonight knowing what tech he needs to counter these fiendish weapons.

For shame, for shame!!! :blink::blush::D