Rolling Thunder Forums

Changing Deplocs of a fleet

Prospective

Ok, I think I'm missing something that is probably obvious. How do I change the Deploc of a specific fleet?

I know that if I use a FORM order, I can choose a Force Battle Plan (Column Attack, Englobe or Total Defense), the Battle Formation (A, B, D, E, G, H, K, L, N, O, P, S, T, V, X, Y, Z), the Deployment Location (1-12), the Fighter Operations Option and the Drone Operations Operation.

So, lets say I enter the following:

FORM, Englobe, A, 12, Standard Attack, Standard Attack

This order will change the Force Battle Plan, Englobe, Formation A to Deploc 12

Once that is done, how do I assocate a specific fleet to Formation A (which was just changed to Deploc 12)?

I could issue a NENC order. If I did this:

NENC, 123, Sierra, Englobe

Fleet 123 would have a ROE of Sierra and be set to Englobe. BUT, it doesn't let me choose Formation A (and correspondingly deploc 12).

Please explain... what simple thing am I missing?

Thanks.

Lol, you missed the part where you can change the deploc of an existing design but I can't find it back myself.

Each fleet is assigned to a particular battle formation, so if you change the Deploc of a class in that formation, all ships assigned to that formation with that class will move to that Deploc. If you wish to change the Battle formation, you use the NENC order. As Propsective has pointed out, the ship class is assigned at the time you create the ship.

There has been some discussion on the boards about having a way to change a ship class but as far as I know that has not become an option.

The NUD (Naval Unit Design) order can now be used to alter the Mission Class of an existing ship, surface fortress or

orbital installation design. Issue an NUD with the same name as an existing design and the order will change that design's

Mission Class to that indicated in the NUD. The NUD order will no longer rename new ship designs with the '-A' series if

you issue an NUD with a design name already in use; instead, it will alter Mission Class.

Type A Planetary Shield Generator and Type A Planetary Field Distorter entries have been removed from the items table, as

they are actually installations and not something that would be designed into starships. --Pete

There! I knew that I did not dream it.

Friday, June 17, 2005
<- lol, you had me searching through those pdf and the board for nearly 1 hour

The NUD (Naval Unit Design) order can now be used to alter the Mission Class of an existing ship, surface fortress or

orbital installation design. Issue an NUD with the same name as an existing design and the order will change that design's

Mission Class to that indicated in the NUD. The NUD order will no longer rename new ship designs with the '-A' series if

you issue an NUD with a design name already in use; instead, it will alter Mission Class.

Type A Planetary Shield Generator and Type A Planetary Field Distorter entries have been removed from the items table, as

they are actually installations and not something that would be designed into starships. --Pete

There! I knew that I did not dream it.

Friday, June 17, 2005
<- lol, you had me searching through those pdf and the board for nearly 1 hour

Thanks rotor. Somehow I missed that one and was unaware that this change had taken place. :huh: