Rolling Thunder Forums

Question re SRPs

Eldred

I am trying to work out how many SRPs each of techs I have bought has cost me.

If I bought 2G Computer Systems for example...

This has a "standard cost" of 12 SRPs, but I do 1 turn of research so it should cost me 11 SRPs. BUT...if my race has the brains to research this tech in just 10 turns then has it actually cost me just 9 SRPs???

Also is are 2nd Gen Ind. Science & 1st Gen Cybernetics 27 or 48 point techs?

And what about Advanced Fuel, I read somewhere it was just 18?

This has a "standard cost" of 12 SRPs, but I do 1 turn of research so it should cost me 11 SRPs. BUT...if my race has the brains to research this tech in just 10 turns then has it actually cost me just 9 SRPs???

As we understand it, SRPs are used as if you have no RB +/-. So, assuming you haven't begun researching it before, then when it goes into Slot 1 it goes like this:

RB of 30% - 1 x RC = 1.30 RCPoints

Cost of tech 12 RCPs - 12.00-1.30= 10.7 left - SRPs used 11 to finish tech (only whole ones used, although we have a stray thought that this was changed?)

2d Gen Ind Sci is a 12 RCP tech, 3rd 27 and 4th 48 (and thus you can spend SRPs on it)

1st Gen Cybernetics is 48 RCPs (but not 100% sure, may be 27). Oh, and Adv Fuel is the funny - it is 18 RCPs. The great oracle reduced it so we could have those lovely TWDs a bit quicker! Mainly because, we surmise, that Improved Fuel is so damned useless!!!! :huh:

Chief Scientist to Ur-Lord Tedric

As we understand it, SRPs are used as if you have no RB +/-. So, assuming you haven't begun researching it before, then when it goes into Slot 1 it goes like this:

Cost of tech 12 RCPs - 12.00-1.30= 10.7 left - SRPs used 11 to finish tech (only whole ones used, although we have a stray thought that this was changed?)

2d Gen Ind Sci is a 12 RCP tech, 3rd 27 and 4th 48 (and thus you can spend SRPs on it)

1st Gen Cybernetics is 48 RCPs (but not 100% sure, may be 27). Oh, and Adv Fuel is the funny - it is 18 RCPs. The great oracle reduced it so we could have those lovely TWDs a bit quicker! Mainly because, we surmise, that Improved Fuel is so damned useless!!!! :huh:

Thanks for that, the mists are starting to clear now...I had presumed 2G Ind Science was 27. Still unsure about Cybernetics tho, I also have it as 48 SRPs

Thanks for that, the mists are starting to clear now...I had presumed 2G Ind Science was 27. Still unsure about Cybernetics tho, I also have it as 48 SRPs

I am 99% certain that 1G Cybernetics is 48. I ran out of SRPs as I was researching that item so I had to finish it a turn at a time. It takes roughly four to five turns per pair of dashes so it is certainly more than 27 RCPs which would run two to three per turn.

That's correct.

No change - if an item needed 10 points to be completed, and you had 7.2 points built up, assigned 1 RC with a 30% research bonus to that item (in slot 1) and had saved points....you'd move from 7.2 to 8.5 and then burn 2 points to finish it. This assumes no scientist hits, just regular research work.

I have a question regarding SRP's. Is there any way to stop using SRP's each turn? Let's say I want to take a break for a couple months in order to conserve on SRP's, save them for use at a later time? Is there any way to accomplish this? Or, is it the case that as long as I have SRP's available, I will be required to use them each month?

Thanks.

I have a question regarding SRP's.  Is there any way to stop using SRP's each turn?  Let's say I want to take a break for a couple months in order to conserve on SRP's, save them for use at a later time?  Is there any way to accomplish this?  Or, is it the case that as long as I have SRP's available, I will be required to use them each month?

Thanks.

SRPs are used each time you do a SRP order. So if you are content letting completed slots fill up with random techs you can sit indefinately hording your points.

I have a question regarding SRP's.  Is there any way to stop using SRP's each turn?  Let's say I want to take a break for a couple months in order to conserve on SRP's, save them for use at a later time?  Is there any way to accomplish this?  Or, is it the case that as long as I have SRP's available, I will be required to use them each month?

Thanks.

SRPs are used each time you do a SRP order. So if you are content letting completed slots fill up with random techs you can sit indefinately hording your points.

Is that still true if your slot #1 changes? I thought that when a 'new' tech was entered into Slot #1 that the SRPs were triggered, or am I wrong here? (It wouldn't be the first time I got confused. :o )

I do know that SRPs don't work for all techs, so if you just stuck to 'advanced' technologies your SRPs wouldn't be expended.

FWIW,

-SK :P

Once your SRP's are turned on they will be used until exhausted. The only way to not use them is to only research stuff that can't be bought. This is usually a problem for the empire with few SRP's as most of the stuff you are researching can be bought. In the case of the annual anniversay present, they become active when you submit an order to change your research. If you don't send in turns for a while your SRP's will still ge spent if it is possible to spend them. This may result is some odd tech choices for your empire.

:P

Once your SRP's are turned on they will be used until exhausted.  The only way to not use them is to only research stuff that can't be bought.  This is usually a problem for the empire with few SRP's as most of the stuff you are researching can be bought.  In the case of the annual anniversay present, they become active when you submit an order to change your research.  If you don't send in turns for a while your SRP's will still ge spent if it is possible to spend them.  This may result is some odd tech choices for your empire.

:P

Ah I see.

Thanks.

Is that still true if your slot #1 changes? I thought that when a 'new' tech was entered into Slot #1 that the SRPs were triggered, or am I wrong here? (It wouldn't be the first time I got confused. :o )

I do know that SRPs don't work for all techs, so if you just stuck to 'advanced' technologies your SRPs wouldn't be expended.

FWIW,

-SK :P

I believe the rule is that you can buy all techs up to and including 4th Gen techs. 4th Gen is a little hazy to me. For example, Mk II Fusion is I believe a 4th Gen tech as is 2G Species Engineering. If someone knows differently, please post somehting here. Thanks.