Rolling Thunder Forums

Captured Home World

Coconutheads

I have been fighting with another player since august :pirate2: . When I first found him he destroyed my peaceful unarmed scout ships and wouldnt talk :oops: . I captured his homeworld last turn :thumbsup: and wonder can I use his POPs to make a colony on planetes in his system? Will the people be his stats in atm grav temp tilt and ocean or will they be mine if I go to colonize with them? Can I make troops with his people and keep there G-combat stats :thumbsup: ? Or if I make troops with his people will they have my G-combat stats? Can I use his special characters?

The Coconutheads

• Replies 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I have been fighting with another player since august :( . When I first found him he destroyed my peaceful unarmed scout ships and wouldnt talk :cheers: . I captured his homeworld last turn  :cheers: and wonder can I use his POPs to make a colony on planetes in his system? Will the people be his stats in atm grav temp tilt and ocean or will they be mine if I go to colonize with them? Can I make troops with his people and keep there G-combat stats :robot: ? Or if I make troops with his people will they have my G-combat stats? Can I use his special characters?

The Coconutheads

To answer your questions:

1. When you use the CTRN Order on a captured PopGroup, it amazingly turns out colonists with the same racial characteristics as your original race. We're not sure if this is a variant on the Calvin and Hobbes Transmogrification Box or the Dr. Suess Star-Bellied Sneech Altering Device. Either way it is powered using entropic energy focused through a playbalancium matrix. Thus, the captured population only retain their native characteristics while within the confines of their native Pop Groups.

2. The same effect occurs when you turn them into conscripted troopers, they gain your racial profile and lose their native profile with regard to all combat related statistics.

3. All captured Legendary Characters will refuse to work for their captors, at this time. [Heck, we can't even get Allied Legendary Scientists to help out our Scientists, either. :cheers: ]

In short, once you turn captured Population into anything, it becomes just like your Population (with your racial characteristics) and no one can use anyone elses Legendary Characters. Some Legendary Characters will cooperate, such as Naval Officers in a combined Fleet, but the vast majority of LCs only work for their native empires.

Hope that helps.

-SK ;)

3. All captured Legendary Characters will refuse to work for their captors, at this time. [Heck, we can't even get Allied Legendary Scientists to help out our Scientists, either. tongue.gif ]

In short, once you turn captured Population into anything, it becomes just like your Population (with your racial characteristics) and no one can use anyone elses Legendary Characters. Some Legendary Characters will cooperate, such as Naval Officers in a combined Fleet, but the vast majority of LCs only work for their native empires.

I would guess its like Cincinnatus who returned to his farm after saving the Roman Republic twice. These LCs are waiting for a better day.

3. All captured Legendary Characters will refuse to work for their captors, at this time. [Heck, we can't even get Allied Legendary Scientists to help out our Scientists, either. tongue.gif ]

I would guess its like Cincinnatus who returned to his farm after saving the Roman Republic twice. These LCs are waiting for a better day.

While I doubt the "morale" of the population portion of the game is fully implemented yet, I would think it would make the game more interesting and/or challenging, if certain Legendary Character types became "rebel" leaders, even if it just translated into a numerical increase in "unrest" level of the captured populace. I could see Army Officers, Naval Officers, Special Agents, Martial Artists and Religious Leaders all falling into that category. Diplomats, Merchants, Scientists, Explorers and Administrators, I would argue would not increase unrest, at least to the point of significance that the other LCs could. I'm sure it could be argued that any Legendary personage could become a spanner in the works for the would-be conquerors. My position is that those with Military and/or Espionage training could become a problem quickly and that Religious Leaders are notorious for giving any oppressive regime headaches, especially the popular/charismatic ones. :cheers:

[Pete - feel free to add this to the 2008 Expansion as well. :cheers: ]

-SK ;)

Since Spy's are supposed to be able to do things, I have always been concerned with the concentration of spy types on captured HW's.  They could seriously foul up the works if they do something visible.

:ranting:

While I haven't conquered anybody, I was planning on bringing some of my idle Special Agents to any HW that was conquered ... just in case. It's not like they're doing a whole lot sitting at home. Other than playing a mean game of LazerTag, that is. :ranting:

-SK :D

Since Spy's are supposed to be able to do things, I have always been concerned with the concentration of spy types on captured HW's.  They could seriously foul up the works if they do something visible.

While I haven't conquered anybody, I was planning on bringing some of my idle Special Agents to any HW that was conquered ... just in case. It's not like they're doing a whole lot sitting at home. Other than playing a mean game of LazerTag, that is. :ranting:

You must not have a StarBar franchise as mine are all sitting around drinking martinis and buying champagne for the wait staff. I don't know where they get the money as we don't pay that well. :ranting:

You must not have a StarBar franchise as mine are all sitting around drinking martinis and buying champagne for the wait staff. I don't know where they get the money as we don't pay that well. :ranting:

I would worry about the SOURCE of their funds and the loyalty of the StarBar staff. Could be your spy's are moonlighting?

Octus

I would worry about the SOURCE of their funds and the loyalty of the StarBar staff. Could be your spy's are moonlighting?

StarBars staff are VERY loyal to the Sabeli, errr, and our customers. :D

We would never think of using them as spies! :ranting:

Of course, now that I think about it, it is amazing how much information my Intelligence minister seems to have access too... :ranting:

Also, You can move captured HW population to another pop group on the same world, as long as it is the same race. However, you will get an error message saying you can't do that. Just let Pete know, and he'll move the pop for you, at least he did for me. (after the fact) I had a captured HW that was one of the early races with 5 pop groups and I needed to do a little reorganizing. :ranting::ranting:

Hobknob,

When you send in your orders to move pop from one group to another, send Pete a note as to what you are doing so he can correct it and everything can run smoothly. He corrected the pop transfers for me the next turn, but the majority of my CON and BI failed because of not enough pop in the right place.

:D

I will do that when the time comes.  Many problems go away with a single pop group.

Ah - but having all your mines on the HW in their own pop gp and managing them like any other mining colony and then forgetting about them - also has a lot of merit.

We're even about to rebuild the Transportation Centres on the other 3 pop gps we started with and make use of them for the first time since the beginning few turns - apart from a safe space to store that nasty Ghuran Demonblood stuff that was supposed to be very nasty indeed........ :ranting:

Chief Planner to ur-Lord Tedric

I already forget about my mines. The only reason I can see to have a seperate pop group for mines is to concentrate admin centers and such. On a captured HW you won't really have too many charcters so there is little incentive for the seperation.

I too have started using additional pop groups on my HW, but only as warehouses for the various convoy routes that go for trade. each route has it's own pop group to load from so it saves a few orders and makes trade easier.